• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Problem with Norton 360

I got a problem with my Norton 360. I have the icons in the start menu and desktop, but when I want to open the program, nothing happens. The program don't run, and when I try to solve the problem and trying to actualize, a message appears saying "sorry, no Norton products detected". Then I download again, but the problem still remains. How can I solve this?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Problem with Norton 360

Well, my pc (a notebook Asus A53S) got installed Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security, but I swear that was uninstalled when I installed Norton 360....but recently I have reset the pc because suddenly he started to work too slowly and with some problems to open folders, wiew photos, etc., and maybe it restored the Trend antivirus....I don't know. I try to uninstall but the program still appears, I don't know how I can uninstall him.....

Kudos0

OK, that could be the explanation right there. Give me a few minutes and I'll see if I can't track down their removal tool.

[Update: TrendMicro doesn't appear to provide a specialized removal tool that I can find. And the only other instructions for removing this product besides their own that I saw looked like they were really ads for third-party uninstallers. If you still have TrendMicro installed so you can see & access it, here are their own instructions for uninstalling:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1056455.aspx

Let us know whether this helps.]

Kudos0

I got a problem with my Norton 360. I have the icons in the start menu and desktop, but when I want to open the program, nothing happens. The program don't run, and when I try to solve the problem and trying to actualize, a message appears saying "sorry, no Norton products detected". Then I download again, but the problem still remains. How can I solve this?

Kudos0

ok, now i have uninstalled Trend antivirus, but it not solved the problem. Norton 360 don't run and if I try to update, the Norton Update Center says "sorry, we can't find any Norton product in your computer". If I try to run the installation again, a window appears saying " initializing...please wait", but nothing happens, the windows remains with the message but the installation don't starts...

Kudos0

OK, assuming that you've got Trend Micro pulled out at the roots, you're probably going to have to do a remove-and-reinstall of your Norton 360---because the issue you've been facing is that Norton couldn't get a good install while Trend Micro was there perceiving its attempts as potential malware activity or instrusions, and blocking them.

Make sure you have your Norton 360 Product Key handy to activate your software when you get it installed.

Go into Windows Control Panel (Add/Remove) and see if you have any Norton products listed. If you don't see anything there, then go on to the next step. If you do see some Norton product other than Norton 360, come back here and let me know. If you see Norton 360, uninstall it.

When the Control Panel uninstall of Norton 360 is complete, reboot your system. Then download and run the Norton Removal Tool. When it finishes, reboot again.

Now download and install the correct edition of Norton 360 from here:

Once the suite is installed, pull it up and activate it using your Product Key.

Hopefully, that will do the trick. Keep us posted--we'll be here.

Kudos0

now something new happens: it appears the message "Error: "8504,100"". And the problem remains, Norton 360 did not starts.....

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

If I understand you to be saying that you ran the removal tool and installed your Norton software, and are still getting this error, then it sounds like you weren't able to get the Trend Micro product completely out.

I can only find one more thing for you to try, although by my reading of this thread this process was performed after the Error 8504,100 had already been cleared using the instructions you just followed without success. Try the steps on this post:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Norton-360-v5-LiveUpdate-hangs-and-now-I-have-Error-8504-100/m-p/421296/highlight/true#M43570

...and let us know whether that does any good. If not, the only thing I can think to do is hand you over to one of the malware removal forums to try and get the rest of Trend Micro removed (they tend to be pretty good with tricky Windows problems as well).

Kudos0

Hi, jordibgood,

Welcome to our community!

We see this a lot when you have or had other security products installed, and have not thoroughly removed them with their vendor's specialized removal tool. This includes other Norton products. So tell us a little more about your situation, starting with whether you've just installed Norton 360 (it sounds like it), and what other security products (Norton Antivirus or Internet Security, to include trial versions that may have come pre-installed on a new PC; McAfee; AVG; Kaspersky; SpyBot Search & Destroy, etc.) you have or had previously on your computer.

Also let us know anything else about your circumstances that you think might be helpful--like whether you're installing Norton because you think you may have a malware infection.

Then we'll see what we can do for you!

Replies are locked for this thread.