• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

"Flag" Solve PC issue....

There is a flag (symbol) at bottom of screen on my desktop....that says when clicked upon, "solve PC Issue 1 message"...then when entered it states:  Security and then Maintenence...l then click into the Security...and it states:  Norton 360 reports it is turned off.  Is this important; because my Norons looks like it is running ok but when I phoned Hewlett Packard my laptop's maker, they wanted to hide the button somehow???  Somebody told me that my computer is left open to anybody...I don't understand why this is happening (the message flag) and what to do about it.  Any help would be appreciated from forum members.  Thank you.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: "Flag" Solve PC issue....

There is a flag (symbol) at bottom of screen on my desktop....that says when clicked upon, "solve PC Issue 1 message"...then when entered it states:  Security and then Maintenence...l then click into the Security...and it states:  Norton 360 reports it is turned off.  Is this important; because my Norons looks like it is running ok but when I phoned Hewlett Packard my laptop's maker, they wanted to hide the button somehow???  Somebody told me that my computer is left open to anybody...I don't understand why this is happening (the message flag) and what to do about it.  Any help would be appreciated from forum members.  Thank you.

Kudos0

Re: "Flag" Solve PC issue....

guppgupp wrote:

Welcome,

The flag icon is part of the operating system and when you click on it you open the action center tab of the control panel. Now, I need your help here. 360 should have turned off the windows security so is it the windows component that is disabled or the 360 component? If it's the 360 component you should have a red "x" on your 360 icon on the desktop.

I don't understand the comment about your computer being open to anybody. If all of the 360 security features and all of the windows security features and all of the preinstalled HP security, which may have been installed, are turned off then yes, you are at great risk. If any of them are on then you have some protection.

Do you have any other security software installed? Has Microsoft Security Essentials been uninstalled?

I'm looking forward to yoour answers so that we can work out the correct solution to your concerns.

Stay well and surf safe

DickWin7x64 SP1 current NIS V21

Replies are locked for this thread.