• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Nortan 360 erased from computer and unable to install again

I bought norton 360 premier last June and it was installed by norton onto my laptop, 2 weeks ago my laptop was infected by a virus and had to be set back to factory settings all information regarding norton security was erased from my computer and I am unable to install it again. Can you help?

[edit: Clarify subejct.]

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Nortan 360 erased from computer and unable to install again

I bought norton 360 premier last June and it was installed by norton onto my laptop, 2 weeks ago my laptop was infected by a virus and had to be set back to factory settings all information regarding norton security was erased from my computer and I am unable to install it again. Can you help?

[edit: Clarify subejct.]

Kudos0

Re: Nortan 360 erased from computer and unable to install again

janetgiblin wrote:

Welcome,

I'm not sure how the 'installed by Norton' works. If the product was installed after you purchased the laptop we have one way. If the product was on your laptop when you purchased it we have another.

When you reset your laptop back to the way it was when you purchased it if 360 was already on it you just need to open the main screen and click on subscription status to get it to remember where it is and how much longer it will be valid for you to run the program.

If you installed the program after you bought it you may have the CD. If not we can get around that as well. What we need to do now is make sure that there are no other security programs active. Microsoft Security Essentials needs to be uninstalled. If there are any other similar products, trial or full versions, they also need to be uninstalled. Don't worry about Windows Defender, 360 will adjust it so to plays well with everybody.

http://www.norton_com/n360p_5/ is the link where you can download a fresh copy of your version. Be sure you have your key available so you can activate this new copy. If you get the error message that your number of installs has been exceeded please contact customer service here: http://us.norton.com/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs and let them help you get things back into shape.

Let us know how it works out. We'll be here when you need us.

DickWin7x64 SP1 current NIS V21

Replies are locked for this thread.