• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Rename it "Norton 360 Reboot"

Another thing that is driving me crazy is how many times this thing wants me to reboot after an update. Since I reinstalled a week ago I have had to reboot 17 times after I run Live Update. What's up with that?

dev-------“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something” Plato 424/423 BC – 348/347 BC

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Rename it "Norton 360 Reboot"

Another thing that is driving me crazy is how many times this thing wants me to reboot after an update. Since I reinstalled a week ago I have had to reboot 17 times after I run Live Update. What's up with that?

dev-------“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something” Plato 424/423 BC – 348/347 BC
Kudos0

Developers wrote:

Hi,

It sounds like you reinstalled from a CD. Part of your thanks for so many reboots must be given to the FF folks as their new releases have required changes in your Norton program to accommodate their changes. The balance may all be Norton's continuous efforts to improve the program and make sure that it is providing the best possible protection.

Once the program is installed and running correctly it should not require a reboot all that often. The exception to that statement is based on no serious changes in the other programs you are running. If they change then it is possible that the update that accommodates that change will require you to reboot.

There are also reports that the sequence of updates has not arrived at the users computer in order. When this happens a reboot is sometimes necessary. There is also the fact that some updates can only be installed after one of those before it has been installed. Another time that reboot is required.

This may not help much but is the way things are.

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

dickevans wrote:

Developers wrote:

Dick -- Do you have an auto spell checker? <g>

I see and quote:

devnulllore wrote:

Hugh
Kudos0

Hugh,

Yes, I have one but I guess I don't use if as often as I should

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

Hi all,

With the coming new year I wanted a clean install of windows etc  5 days ago,  and I also installed Norton 360 off a CD.  It took about 7 or 8 restarts,  certainly not 17.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers,  Dave.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 x2 *** Norton 360 v21.6.0.32 *** Norton Security with Backup v22.0.2.17
Kudos0

When I re-installed it from a CD a couple of weeks ago, I had to restart about 5 times. It still wanted me to reboot, so this time I waited about an hour, shutdown my computer, and then turned it on. Then it stopped asking me to restart :)

Maybe you should not restart when it says to, but shutdown your computer when you go to sleep.

Kudos0

snipes1988 wrote:

When I re-installed it from a CD a couple of weeks ago, I had to restart about 5 times. It still wanted me to reboot, so this time I waited about an hour, shutdown my computer, and then turned it on. Then it stopped asking me to restart :)

Maybe you should not restart when it says to, but shutdown your computer when you go to sleep.

You actually did a reboot (just waited an hour to do it) and perhaps that was the last reboot required.  So you really did nothing different - just lucked out without another reboot required. 

Or perhaps you did not do another liveupdate and see that another reboot may have been required.

Kudos0

I was wondering how the Quote thing on the Forums changed the OP's name?

Hugh

Replies are locked for this thread.