• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

What exactly is the difference between Norton 360 and Norton Internet Security?

Not being familiar with Norton products, when I had conflicts between McAfee Total Protection and my new HP Notebook, I decided to go with Norton since a trial versin of 360 was preloaded.

When I decided to upgrade to the full version, I also purchased Norton Internet Security. and downloaded it.  The firtst time that Norton 360 updated itself and started to install the update I got this message: "Norton 360 has detected Norton Internet Security on your computer. Please uninstall Norton Internet Security>"

I uninstalled Norton Internet Security and now, at least three times per day, Norton Internet Security tries to re-install itself.

The first time it tried  to re-install itsel, I deleted Norton Internet Security from my list of downloadz but it keeps trying.

Is  there any way to stop this?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: What exactly is the difference between Norton 360 and Norton Internet Security?

Not being familiar with Norton products, when I had conflicts between McAfee Total Protection and my new HP Notebook, I decided to go with Norton since a trial versin of 360 was preloaded.

When I decided to upgrade to the full version, I also purchased Norton Internet Security. and downloaded it.  The firtst time that Norton 360 updated itself and started to install the update I got this message: "Norton 360 has detected Norton Internet Security on your computer. Please uninstall Norton Internet Security>"

I uninstalled Norton Internet Security and now, at least three times per day, Norton Internet Security tries to re-install itself.

The first time it tried  to re-install itsel, I deleted Norton Internet Security from my list of downloadz but it keeps trying.

Is  there any way to stop this?

Kudos0

Re: What exactly is the difference between Norton 360 and Norton Internet Security?

You need to contact support and explain what you have purchased.  Norton 360 contains everything that Norton Internet Security has plus other utilities. You can have only one on your computer.

Comparison chart-http://us.norton.com/internet-security/?inid=us_hho_products_topnav_nis2012pd

Use the Norton removal tool-https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?lg=english&ct=united+states&docid=20080710133834EN&product=home&version=1&pvid=f-home To completely uninstall Norton anti virus