• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

reinstall NIS to new harddrive

I have had to put a new harddrive into my son's computer, how do I transfer the licence that was on the old hard drive (no longer accessible) to the new hard drive?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: reinstall NIS to new harddrive

I have had to put a new harddrive into my son's computer, how do I transfer the licence that was on the old hard drive (no longer accessible) to the new hard drive?

Kudos0

CliveRosewarne wrote:

Hi CliveRosewarne,  Welcome to the Norton Community,

Please contact Customer Support via Live Chat (Usually the fastest method).  Explain to them your problem.  They will be able to help you with this.  http://www.norton.com/chat.  Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,  Dave.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 *** Norton 360 v21.6.0.32
Kudos0

CliveRosewarne wrote:

As Krusty says but if you have NIS or NAV 2012 version you can call up a new Norton Management App and do it yourself (they say <g>)

Open up the Norotn main screen and click on Accounts -- log into your MyNortonAccount as created for that installation and then click on Accounts on the black menu bar at the top of your MyNortonAccount screen. Scan down the list and click on Norton Management and follow the instructions.

One useful thing you can do with Norton Management is to give friendly names to activations so you can see which is your computer and which is your son's and so on ...

But if you don't hve 2012 or have a problem then do follow the CHAT route Krusty suggests.

Hugh

Replies are locked for this thread.