• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

How long does a full system scan take?

I bought this brand new computer almost 4 months ago. Thought I had a virus scan on it but obviously didnt. I got a Trojan virus. Bought Norton 360 v 5.0 and ran the full system scan. It has been running for over 24 hrs. Its moving....says it has deleted over 7 million Windows temp files...yes I said MILLION files so far. Is this normal? 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: How long does a full system scan take?

I bought this brand new computer almost 4 months ago. Thought I had a virus scan on it but obviously didnt. I got a Trojan virus. Bought Norton 360 v 5.0 and ran the full system scan. It has been running for over 24 hrs. Its moving....says it has deleted over 7 million Windows temp files...yes I said MILLION files so far. Is this normal? 

Kudos0

Re: How long does a full system scan take?

Hi Carolinagirl80.

This is not a normal behaviour. The scan could take some time, a couple of hours tops and then present you with a result with the number of files detected as threats that it could or could not solve. I would think you have started some additional tasks with full system scan as deleting temporary windows files, temporary internet files and so on.

What I am recommending you is to stop the scans that Norton is running, download and run Norton Power Eraser to see if any threats is detected and removed (Include rootkit scan). Then update Norton with LiveUpdate, and restart if asked to, until it tells you all updates have been installed.

You can download Norton Power Eraser from this link: http://www.norton.com/npe

Let me know how it goes.Best regards, F0x0nth3run

Replies are locked for this thread.