• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

WS.Trojan.H Exonerated PENDING; Suspicious.Cloud.7.F Exonerated PENDING & 1 other file

During my AV scan, the files listed on the subject line along with a third (_mxzip_u.dll_bcvi9bo4bi.p56b652snv1 Exonerated) appeared under "Norton Community Watch (attaching multiple screen shots).  Upon clicking More Information on all three of these, I got weird data and it says nothing needs to be done.  I'm sorry, but when something says "Trojan" and "Suspicous", then something DOES need to be done.  I do NOT want Norton thinking that these are safe files and my computer be infected by these programs.  I have no other computer so if this gets infected, I'm without a computer.  So.... I would like to know how to get rid of these "files" .... I checked Unresolved file and these don't show up there.  They show up ONLY in the Norton Community Watch.  PLEASE HELP!!

Norton Community Watch Sreen Shot:

Norton Security History Suspicious Cloud 9 2nd attempt More Information:

Norton Security History Suspicious Cloud 9 1st attempt More Information:

Norton Security History WS.Trojan.H 2nd attempt More Information:

Norton Security History WS.Trojan.H 1st attempt More Information:

Norton Security History _mxzip_u.dll_bcvi9bo4bi.p.56b652snv1 More Information:

My current AV program is Norton Antivirus 2012, Version 19.2.0.10

Seeing these files just sitting there in Norton Community Watch "pending" and not knowing what they are or where they came from is nerve wracking.  I cannot afford to have any nasty virus take control over my computer.  So, again, PLEASE HELP.  I don't think these files are important and I think they are DANGEROUS!  I don't think they are "false positives".  It's way too coincidental.

Thank you for your time and your assistance in this matter.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: WS.Trojan.H Exonerated PENDING; Suspicious.Cloud.7.F Exonerated PENDING & 1 other file

During my AV scan, the files listed on the subject line along with a third (_mxzip_u.dll_bcvi9bo4bi.p56b652snv1 Exonerated) appeared under "Norton Community Watch (attaching multiple screen shots).  Upon clicking More Information on all three of these, I got weird data and it says nothing needs to be done.  I'm sorry, but when something says "Trojan" and "Suspicous", then something DOES need to be done.  I do NOT want Norton thinking that these are safe files and my computer be infected by these programs.  I have no other computer so if this gets infected, I'm without a computer.  So.... I would like to know how to get rid of these "files" .... I checked Unresolved file and these don't show up there.  They show up ONLY in the Norton Community Watch.  PLEASE HELP!!

Norton Community Watch Sreen Shot:

Norton Security History Suspicious Cloud 9 2nd attempt More Information:

Norton Security History Suspicious Cloud 9 1st attempt More Information:

Norton Security History WS.Trojan.H 2nd attempt More Information:

Norton Security History WS.Trojan.H 1st attempt More Information:

Norton Security History _mxzip_u.dll_bcvi9bo4bi.p.56b652snv1 More Information:

My current AV program is Norton Antivirus 2012, Version 19.2.0.10

Seeing these files just sitting there in Norton Community Watch "pending" and not knowing what they are or where they came from is nerve wracking.  I cannot afford to have any nasty virus take control over my computer.  So, again, PLEASE HELP.  I don't think these files are important and I think they are DANGEROUS!  I don't think they are "false positives".  It's way too coincidental.

Thank you for your time and your assistance in this matter.

Kudos1

Re: WS.Trojan.H Exonerated PENDING; Suspicious.Cloud.7.F Exonerated PENDING & 1 other file

prttblues wrote:

I'm sorry, but when something says "Trojan" and "Suspicous", then something DOES need to be done....I don't think these files are important and I think they are DANGEROUS!  I don't think they are "false positives".  It's way too coincidental.

Hi prttblues,

These are submissions to Norton Community Watch - they are not detected threats.  Statistical submissions enable Symantec to evaluate its virus detection definitions against files found on users' computers that have similarities with the signatures but are not malicious.  By doing this, the definitions can be fine-tuned to increase their effectiveness and decrease the chances of false positives.  What you are seeing in the Norton Community Watch logs are simply files of interest - samples being submitted for study.  Behavior-based detections are prone to false positives, so it is important to evaluate files in the wild that could be mistaken for Trojans and other types of threats using these methods of detection. 

You should not do anything with these files on your computer because they are a) not threats, and b) could be important files needed for your system or programs to run properly.  Norton has all sorts of components that detect and remove suspicious files, as well as known malware, but Community Watch is not one of those components.  Please trust the protection features to do their work properly, and do not make changes to your system based on samples that Norton is submitting for analysis.

Kudos0

I had a similar thing happen to me and Norton Exonerated three "WS. Trojans.H" infections.

I recently ran a Full Scan in Safe Mode and the same files that were exonerated were quarantined. Would that be a bug in safe mode, or could those files have actually been infected?

Kudos1

ZKent wrote:

I recently ran a Full Scan in Safe Mode and the same files that were exonerated were quarantined. Would that be a bug in safe mode, or could those files have actually been infected?

There is a bug that is causing some Safe Mode scans to falsely detect safe compressed files and installer files as malware.  The issue is reported to be fixed in the 19.5 patch that is currently in the process of being rolled out.

Kudos0

Sounds good. Thanks for the reply

Kudos0

I just want to say I currently am running NIS 2012, 19.5 and have just experienced this issue with Suspicious.Cloud! I don't know if a fix is in the works, but I'm glad to read my computer isn't infected. It scared me to death!
Kudos0

Hi gablegal,

This was a Norton Community Watch entry and not a threat alert, correct? 

Replies are locked for this thread.