• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

what is uiStub.exe? says shortcut has been moved or changed. what shortcut?

when I opened laptop this afternoon there was alittle grey box with a littler grey box and two circles inside, one red and one blue. pop up on screen when I clicked this unfamiliar new icon on my quick launch bar said: "problem with shortcut. the item uiStub.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. do you want to delete this shortcut?"

Replies

Kudos0

Re: what is uiStub.exe? says shortcut has been moved or changed. what shortcut?

I had the same thing happen to me. I did Norton Live Updates, they asked me to restart the computer, When I did,

which was either yesterday or the day before, the thumbnail on the taskbar was replaced by one that I know

means a problem. I clicked it, and it read that" the item 'uistub.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been moved or

changed, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?"

I am able to click an arrow to the right of the where it reads Norton Internet Security to the right of  this non working shortcut on the taskbar, it shows tasks, and if I ciick the tasks , they will work. It only shows to a Quick Scan there, not a full system scan.

The Norton thumnnail on the desktop works-  I can open up Norton to do full system scan, or

live updates, etc. from there.

What should I do?

Kudos0

Hi

Can you post a screen shot of that icon and goto start->programs/All programs ->Norton360 -> Right click on the Norton360 ->Select Pin to Taskbar.

Kudos0

I am having the same problem.  Norton will not launch either.  When you click on the uistub.exefile directly, nothing opens.  When I try to re-install it, it says there is an  unrecoverable error has occured.  Please click technical support for more information.  Then I get to speak to a virtual technician and have been through all of that.  I have tried the AutoDetect program and it tells me Norton is not installed on my computer. 

Kudos0

I have tried the Norton Removal Tool as well, and it wont go to the page to download it.

Kudos0

Hi Eric

Sorry to hear about your Problem. What's happening when you try to get to the NRT website?

NRT for NAV/NIS

NRT for N360

Kudos0

when I opened laptop this afternoon there was alittle grey box with a littler grey box and two circles inside, one red and one blue. pop up on screen when I clicked this unfamiliar new icon on my quick launch bar said: "problem with shortcut. the item uiStub.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. do you want to delete this shortcut?"
Kudos0

Sorry it took a while.  I had a community meeting I had to go to.  When I click on Download, I get the "The connection was reset" message.

Kudos0

Hi

Thats okay...Please check the Private message i had sent you.

Kudos0

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6752/nis2.jpg

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2131/nis1c.jpg

these are from start taskbar and when I click the link on it for Norton

If I click the Norton thumbnail on my desktop, everything is fine.

The shortcut on the taskbar is the one not working one.

What's the solution for my problem?

Kudos0

Hi

Remove that shortcut. goto start->Programs/All programs -> Norton360 -> Rightclick on the Norton360 icon in the sub menu -> Pin to Taskbar

The same applies to NIS/NAV.

Kudos0

I went to start. all programs . found Norton Internet Security, clicked it, it opened up , then picked the link Norton

Internet Security, right clicked it, and found a link to pin it to taskbar, and now there is shortcut on the bottom of

my computer screen on the left sidewith this shortcut that works.

On my computer screen, however, there is a Windows  circle in lower left corner , when I click that, it opens up a

vertical taskbar, this includes the shortcut to Norton not working in my previous posts.

Kudos0

Hi, the shortcut that wasn't working does not appear in that vertical taskbar.  The vertical taskbar I'm referring to

has shortcuts/links to Word, Excel, Paint, Internet Explorer, my inernet service provider, disk cleanup, and others

The Norton shortcut does appear on the horizontal taskbar at the bottom of computer screen  and works fine.

Problem is fixed.

Thanks. You're the best.

Kudos0

Very welcome...You can do the same right click and pin to taskbar to get the other not working shortcuts.

Kudos0

Hi

uistub.exe is the executable file responsible to launch the Norton Interface. If you had pinned a shortcut in your taskbar and if the destination is not available it will not open. Are you able to open the Norton through the Norton ican in your desktop or through the icon in the system tray next to time and date?

Replies are locked for this thread.