• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

bypassing firewall

I'm playing Star Wars SWTOR and the game kept disconnecting me until I turned the firewall completly off.  how can I turn the firewall back on again while still allowing the games two files free access through the firewall unobstructed?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: bypassing firewall

I'm playing Star Wars SWTOR and the game kept disconnecting me until I turned the firewall completly off.  how can I turn the firewall back on again while still allowing the games two files free access through the firewall unobstructed?

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Hi

Are you turning only the firewall OFF to make the game work?

If yes

Create an exception in Settings->Network->Smart Firewall->Program Control Configure->Add those two files and select the option allow. Now go ahead and try.

If no, post the steps you had followed to turn it OFF.

Kudos0

I shut firewall off completly to solve the problem.

I tried your solution, the two programs were already listed.  I changed them to allow.  I'll find out if it worked or not Saturday, no time now to test.  Thanks.

Kudos0

will wait for your reply...

Kudos0

I ran a short test conversations came up fine when they weren't before, within the game.  Still have some signal strength issues but I think maybe this solved the prior problem of the firewall slowing things down and disconnecting me.

Kudos0

Glad to hear that...Play Safe...

Replies are locked for this thread.