Issue with Norton Ghost 15.0 and Windows 7 64-bit
Hi - I recently purchased a copy of Norton Ghost 15.0 and then created a brand new Windows 7 64 bit machine from scratch. I installed Win7 from disk, installed all the Dell drivers, and then went to backup my new machine with Norton Ghost. I used this by booting to the Ghost CD (that I created from the .iso) and selecting the "Backup My Computer" option. At this screen I noticed it wanted to backup the C Drive (what I want) and the "System Reserved" on disk E:/
Should I include this in my backup?
In testing, I went ahead and selected both the C drive and the System Reserved. Now, when I boot to disk and try to apply this image to a new system I am having some issues.
1) I use the "Recover My Computer" option after booting to CD
2) I browse to the .v2i file located on an external hard drive (where I backed up the machine to)
3) Select the Local Disk_C_Drive.v2i file (also see the System_Reserved_E_Drive.v2i file here)
4) Run the Initialize Disk Partition Structures on the disk
5) At the Drives to Recover window, I click "Edit" and then the volume label says "No Label" and the "Restore Master boot record" is greyed out
Why is that option greyed out? The way we used to perform images with XP, we would always check the following 3 boxes in this window
- Set drive active
- Restore master boot record