• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Norton 360 will not open.

I have a brand new Dell xps computer and installed Norton shortly after getting it. It came with windows 7 previously installed on it. I have been at school for a 2 weeks now and Norotn will not open. My computer will alert me in the bottom corner that it is trying to open and needs permission and once I give permission nothing opens. When I go into programs and try to open that way nothing happens or a tiny box will just appear in the middle of my screen. The tiny box is blank and will only let me minimize it or close it. Any help would be great. Thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 will not open.

In January I purchased Norton 360 (3 licenses) online from Symantec to renew my expiring license.  Shortly after my purchase, I installed one license on my desktop and one on my laptop.  Norton 360 operated normally as it always had on my computers.  Today I had a problem with my laptop and my only solution was to use the restore function.  When I restored the laptop, the Norton 360 icon was on my desktop, but the program no longer opened.  I downloaded and ran the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool but the error message indicated it could not find a Norton 360 license on my laptop.  When I checked my Norton Account, it shows that I have 2 licenses installed and one not installed.  When I install Norton 360 on my laptop again, (which is really a reinstall) I expect that Norton will use my last license on the install rather than recognize this is a reinstall.  Thanks for taking the time for reviewing and responding to my question.

Kudos0

SlapShot wrote:

In January I purchased Norton 360 (3 licenses) online from Symantec to renew my expiring license.  Shortly after my purchase, I installed one license on my desktop and one on my laptop.  Norton 360 operated normally as it always had on my computers.  Today I had a problem with my laptop and my only solution was to use the restore function.  When I restored the laptop, the Norton 360 icon was on my desktop, but the program no longer opened.  I downloaded and ran the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool but the error message indicated it could not find a Norton 360 license on my laptop.  When I checked my Norton Account, it shows that I have 2 licenses installed and one not installed.  When I install Norton 360 on my laptop again, (which is really a reinstall) I expect that Norton will use my last license on the install rather than recognize this is a reinstall.  Thanks for taking the time for reviewing and responding to my question.

Welcome,

The shortest route to a solution for you will be the customer service chat line found here:  http://www.norton.com/chat 

They can reset your license figures if necessary and aid you if you need any other assistance for the reinstallation.

Stay well and surf safe

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Kudos0

I have a brand new Dell xps computer and installed Norton shortly after getting it. It came with windows 7 previously installed on it. I have been at school for a 2 weeks now and Norotn will not open. My computer will alert me in the bottom corner that it is trying to open and needs permission and once I give permission nothing opens. When I go into programs and try to open that way nothing happens or a tiny box will just appear in the middle of my screen. The tiny box is blank and will only let me minimize it or close it. Any help would be great. Thanks

Kudos0

Hi

Please run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and run the Live Update.

Replies are locked for this thread.