• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Webroot Anti virus and Chrome Scriptno extension compatible with 6?

Should I remove Webroot and or Scriptno on Chrome before using 6? Webroot secure anywhere claims to be compatible with all other antivirus. Hoping for the best combination possible . Thanks for any help. I have win 7 home premium and every thing up to date. Only use Chrome . Not IE.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Webroot Anti virus and Chrome Scriptno extension compatible with 6?

Should I remove Webroot and or Scriptno on Chrome before using 6? Webroot secure anywhere claims to be compatible with all other antivirus. Hoping for the best combination possible . Thanks for any help. I have win 7 home premium and every thing up to date. Only use Chrome . Not IE.
Kudos0

Hi Jim123,

If the Norton 360 is not compatible with Webroot, it will prompt you to uninstall the Webroot program and you need to uninstall Webroot inorder to complete the installation of Norton 360. If Webroot has any similar real time protection as like Norton 360, it can conflict with each other and affect your computer performance. Running two different security programs in real time often conflict with each other's functionalities. So, it is adviced to disable the Webroot when running Norton 360.

Yogesh

Kudos0

Hi Jim,

I agree with Yogesh.  I am aware that Webroot claim that their A V product is compatible with other security software,  but Symantec do not recommend this.  It is best to leave the protection up to one real-time product and if you want a second opinion on demand scanner,  The FREE version of  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is Norton compatible.  I hope this helps.

PS.  Here are their removal instuctions.  -  http://www.webroot.com/En_US/Help/GA/WebrootHelp/Webroot_Support/Uninstalling_the_program.htm

Dave.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 x2 *** Norton 360 v21.6.0.32 *** Norton Security with Backup v22.0.2.17
Kudos0

I have been running Webroot alongside v5, and v6 since early this week, with no problems so far.  When I installed v6 it didn't warn about having Webroot installed.  I had a little temptation with Kaspersky and decided to try installing it with Norton and Webroot still installed to see what it would flag.  Kaspersky installer told me to uninstall Norton but did not object to Webroot.  I certainly don't think it's because it didn't recognize Webroot as a security program - that would be a real flaw in Kaspersky.  So I went through uninstall of Norton, installed Kaspersky, then uninstalled Kaspersky and went back to Norton, all with Webroot running.  Norton didn't tell me to uninstall Webroot.  I haven't encountered any viruses, malicious websites, etc. since having them both installed (though I have had a few false positives from both), so I can't say that a problem wouldn't arise at that point.  Can someone tell me specifically what problem(s) might arise from running both?

Replies are locked for this thread.