• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

3 user license or 1 user license, 3 pcs

What Internet Security 2012 product do I need to buy if I want to be able to install it on 2 different pcs in my household but for 2 different users? ( my pc and my daughters) When it says up to 3 pcs, its confusing because does that mean I just need one product purchase to install for up to 3 different pcs and 3 different users? On Amazon, it says 3 pcs, 1 user. On this site, it just says 3 pcs and nothing about users.

Thanks for helping me pick the right product..

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 3 user license or 1 user license, 3 pcs

What Internet Security 2012 product do I need to buy if I want to be able to install it on 2 different pcs in my household but for 2 different users? ( my pc and my daughters) When it says up to 3 pcs, its confusing because does that mean I just need one product purchase to install for up to 3 different pcs and 3 different users? On Amazon, it says 3 pcs, 1 user. On this site, it just says 3 pcs and nothing about users.

Kudos0

tinal wrote:

Welcome,

The 3PC license/subscription allows you to install the program on three different PCs with one, two or three different users. The cautions on this are that the subscription starts when the first copy is activated. The other is that they all look to your MyNortonAccount as their 'home'. Since you are wanting to install it on your computer and your daughter's there should be no problem. We'll be here when you need us. Til then

Stay well and surf safe

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

tinal,

I'd like to modify Dick's statement slightly -- he's used to it <g>

<< The 3PC license/subscription allows you to install the program on three different PCs with one, two or three different users. >>

The critical step is the number of hardware PCs -- It's up to you how many people use one specific PC or whether one person uses several PCs.

I have 4 User Accounts on my Windows 7 PC and each is protected within the single activation of NIS on that machine.

I have a second PC and it too has several User Accounts all protected by one activation.

And to complicate, or simplify depending on your point of view, Norton have stated that if you do what is called multibooting your PC where a single hardware PC has several versions of Windows installed each on its own hard drive then only one activation will be used despite activating on more than one copy of Windows but this has to be on the same hardware.

More than you probably need or want to know but it may help others.

As Dick has correctly said you can activate on 3 different PCs under the one licence if it says it's for 3 PCs and the reference to users is now a bit confusing. Hope that helps .....

Hugh
Kudos0

Hugh,

Assistance is always appreciated

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

dickevans wrote:

Hugh,

Assistance is always appreciated

Just remember: Trust but Verify ....