• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Live Update Failed to Complete

We received a new computer with Norton already loaded on the system.  I ran the appropriate system scan, so that my computer is now secure, but when I try to run Live Update, there are two items that show, "Status: Failed to Complete".  The items are Norton 2012 Web Protection Definitions and Norton 2012 Web Protection Definitions (hub).  I've run Live Update several times and both are still showing, "Failed to Complete".  Please advise. 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Live Update Failed to Complete

Hi,

Please try running Live update continuosly and if it fails again to stay protected with latest virus definitions, you can use the Intelligent Updater option. Its nothing but a means to get the virus definitions updated and remember only virus updates and not product updates.

You can download the exe file from this location: http://www.symantec.com/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=n95 and just run the exe on your machine.  One think to be noted is, please download the exe depending on whether your system is 64-bit or 32-bit. You can find it by the name of the EXE file.

Regards,

Prasanna

Replies are locked for this thread.