• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Norton 360 is turned off and won't turn on or open

My Norton 360 won't open and I continue to get an alert that is needs to be turned on (see screen shot). I tried to run the removal and reinstall tool from Norton and it doesn't work. Somehow Ad-Aware security got installed on my computer. I have uninstalled all Ad-Aware products and rebooted, etc. but Norton 360 still won't run. I ran PC checkup and everything came up find expect internet security was turned off but I can't seem to get it to turn on. I have used Norton 360 for about 5 years without problems. I'm running Windows 7. My laptop is a gateway.  PLEASAE HELP!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 is turned off and won't turn on or open

Welcome JanCairnes

A similar problem was solved by following the instructions found in this thread

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Windows-7-Action-Center/m-p/174416/highlight/true#M23400

Please let us know if this worked.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

I followed the instruction per the link you suggested and both worked but did NOT solve my problem. When my computer rebooted after the second run sequence I had a message from norton that said something like you have turned off your internet security...

When I clicked on the action items it was still the same and I chose to turn on norton 360 (per the screen shot above) and nothing happened.  Then I tried to open Norton 360 again and got this error again:

Kudos0

Hi Jan

Can you please follow the Instructions in this link and let us know how it goes for you.

Replies are locked for this thread.