Hi,can you please tell us the exact version of your Norton product?1. Open the main window2. Click on Help & Support -> About menu3. On the About window find the version number (it will look like this: 22.214.171.124)
Also please let us know if the Norton product had written out any error number for you (eg this one: 3052,2).
Please let us know the Norton product to you use. Is it Norton 360, Norton Internet Security or Norton Antivirus? and the version of the Norton.
1. Open Norton.
2. Click on Support ( In right top corner ).
3. Click on About.
It will show the version of Norton. Please let is know that. Thank you.
This happened to me too...
My Norton version is 126.96.36.199
Please help me...
If SONAR protection is turned off and not working and cliking on fix now is not fixing it, then try these steps..
If the product is Norton 360 then uninstall the program and try to install a Norton antivirus
Again uninstall the norton antivirus and install Norton 360 and run liveupdate and let me know the results.
If it happens with the Norton internet security 2012 then repeat the same as above.
If it happens with norton antivirus 2012, Install the norton internet security 2012 and uninstall and then reinstall the norton antivirus.
Download link for norton antivirus 2012 - Norton antivirus 2012
Download link for NortonInternet Security 2012 - Norton Internet security 2012
Download link for Norton 360 - Norton 360 Standard Edition
Please let me the results after trying this.
And that is the fix method? :))
1) uneffective - to unstall other unwanted products.
2) it takes too much time
why it can be fixed at least by the next actions?
1) by automatically detected issue that can be fixed automatically. You are takes telemetry data from users - why not to use it to resolve issues? Include additional telemetry sections/monitoring events... not only to send to server but to solve problems in host based level!
2) by simple reinstall the program. provide the tool that fully clean old Norton data stored in computer, so new install will be pure clean and works as expected by developers. something like Norton Removal Tool. Why that tool is not solve that issue???? So what for that tool if it not working in all planned ways to use it?? Improve it also!
So fun issues and more funny ways to fix you provided... Can developers write normal code? Not very easy, but not so hard as to start to fly... Stop children to write AV engines code!
Sonar protection is turned off in situations like the virus definitions are corrupted because when the SONAR is performing a scan, It first try to use the virus definitions on the compuer. So when the Virus definitions are corrupted it could not run the scan properly.
By reinstalling the different product altogether will clear the old virus def's .This steps will be easier one to clear this problem.
Thanks for explanation of that problem.
Now I see 2 global lacks in product, they are:
1) why SONAR initialize virus definitions (hash-summ signatures?) scan? why it is not centralized/performed by main product module - first the product must scan with virus definitions hash signatures, than it must execute heuristic engine and only after that SONAR must be executed. Symantec Employee described that SONAR executes itself first and stops it own native actions and than SONAR initialize virus definitions hash-summ scan. Hm...
2) uninstallation of product is not uninstall old virus def's. So they are remained after uninstall procedure. Hm...
Is Norton Removal Tool also leave untouched virus defitions?
Strange manner to write programs...
If you are experiencing an issue that needs urgent assistance please visit our customer support area:
There are currently 15 users online.