• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Vista Parental Controls message

I keep getting a message from Norton Online Family that says "Vista Parental Controls may interfere with the enforcement of house rules and should be removed from the child's device" but my computer is running Windows 7 and I can't find any sign of Vista running on it.

Why could this be?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Vista Parental Controls message

Hi stephenjwalsh,

Please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Parental Controls to turn off parental controls and see if it helps.

Thanks,

Katie

Kudos0

does the norton safety minder have the ability to block the use of certain programs?  I get this message as well, but I use window's parental controls to prevent my child from using programs.

How exactly will windows controls mess up the norton ones?

Kudos0

Hi adgarner11,

If you are a Norton Online Family premier user, the program helps your children to download the "kid friendly" applications.  For PC or Mac, the program currently doesn't monitor applications

We recommend parents to give non-administrative rights (limited or restricted) to your children’s  Windows user accounts, so they won't be able to download the programs that you don't approve of.

If you have multiple parental control programs enabled on the PC, it might interfere with the performance of Norton Online Family.

Thanks,

Katie

Kudos0

Premier is only available in the US

you didn't really answer my question, how exactly does the windows parental controls affect functionality of the norton?  Also, firefox 14 has been out a couple of weeks, and the Norton safety minder is still not compatible.

Does anybody know if MacAfee make similar parental controls and if they are more reliable?

Kudos0

Hi adgarner11,

The team is currently working on the update that will support localized Premier versions.

What version of Norton Safety Minder is installed on the PC?  The latest version of Norton Safety Minder supports Firefox 14.

Are there any specific functionalities or areas you are looking for? We will try to find them out for you.

Thanks,

Katie

Replies are locked for this thread.