• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Search settings

I had the 'Task Host Windows' problem on shutdown.  Checking through various things, I found 'Search Settings' ticked in the Startup list.  I unticked the item, and had no further problem.  The item is still on the computer, and I think I have found it comes from Spigot(?).  Who or what is it?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Search settings

Where are you??

Quads

Kudos0

I had the 'Task Host Windows' problem on shutdown.  Checking through various things, I found 'Search Settings' ticked in the Startup list.  I unticked the item, and had no further problem.  The item is still on the computer, and I think I have found it comes from Spigot(?).  Who or what is it?

Kudos0

Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so. 

• We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.

Please read every post completely before doing anything. 

• Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.

Please read carefully

Tick the entry in startup to reverse what you did, and restart the PC, so it now set to run or running

Download OTL   hxxp://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.exe   (change the hxxp to http) save it to your Desktop.

Double click on OTL.exe to run it.  Right click OTL.exe and select run as administator for Vista and Win 7.

Click the Scan All Users checkbox.

Change file age to 60 days

Press the 

Quads

Replies are locked for this thread.