• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

NEED HELP FAST!!

When I do ctrl ALT delete and click start task manager and then go under processes.  What is Norton called? I need to know asap please!!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NEED HELP FAST!!

Hi Josimc,

The process for Norton is ccsvchst.exe.  There should be two instances running if you have one Norton program installed. 

Kudos0

Josimc wrote:

When I do ctrl ALT delete and click start task manager and then go under processes.  What is Norton called? I need to know asap please!!!

Hi,

ccsvhst

ccSvHst

there are several processes working when a Norton product is open.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

When I try and end the norton process under windows task manager  It says this Screenshot here!  I need to disable it for a while so I can use Teamviewer..... Cus Norton Blocks teamviewer from connecting to the internet!!! 

Accepted Solution
Kudos1

HI Josimc,

Are you sure Norton is blocking Teamviewer?  Open the Program Control panel in Norton (Settings > Network >Smart Firewall > Program Control).  If you see Teamviewer listed there as "Auto," then Norton is not blocking it and the problem lies elsewhere.  You can, however, remove the Teamviewer entry from the list to automatically repair any possible misconfiguration.  FIrst, make sure Teamviewer is not running.  Then click on the Teamviewer entry and click Remove, Apply and OK.  Exit out of Norton and restart Teamviewer.  Norton will automatically configure new rules for the program and it should work.  You cannot kill the Norton process.  It is hardened against outside tampering.

Kudos0

I have TeamViewer installed on 4 PCs all running either NIS or NAV 2012 and Teamviewer is not blocked on any of them.  Three of the PCs are running WinXP SP3 and one is running Win7 SP1 x64... all with no problem.

Try SOJ's suggestion.  Norton should not be blocking TV.

--------------------------------------------------Gary
Kudos0

It is doing something wierd  here is a screen shot of what pops up from teamviewer...  http://screensnapr.com/v/F9A6uF.jpg

Also how do you get to "Program Control"? 

Kudos1

Josimc wrote:

Also how do you get to "Program Control"? 

See my earlier post.

Kudos0

I get as far as (Settings > Network)...I do not see a "smart firewall" in any section....    http://screensnapr.com/v/Mg8A3r.jpg

Kudos1

Are you running Norton Antivirus?  The Norton Smart Firewall is included with Norton Internet Security, but not Norton Antivirus.  If you don't have the Norton Firewall, it can't be blocking Teamviewer.  If you are running the Windows Firewall instead, you may have to go into its settings and make a rules exception for Teamviewer.

Kudos0

http://screensnapr.com/v/F9A6uF.jpg  Than please explain that...  I do only have norto antivirus.. it is saying that it is Norton....

Kudos1

As SOJ suggested, you may be running NAV and using the Windows Firewall.  I have that configuration as well on one WinXP PC.  TV is working on that PC with no problem.  I just connected to that PC & here is a screen shot of the Windows Firewall settings for TV.

Kudos1

Josimc wrote:

http://screensnapr.com/v/F9A6uF.jpg  Than please explain that...  I do only have norto antivirus.. it is saying that it is Norton....

Since you say that you are running Norton Antivirus, then the TV message may be in error.  It might be incorrectly considering any Norton product as NIS.  Did you ever have NIS installed on that PC and at some point replaced it with NAV?

What is the status of the Windows Firewall - on or off?  If it is on, have you tried turning it off just as a test to see if TV would then run?

Kudos1

Hi Josimc,

I agree with nikki605 that the Teamviewer alert is probably seeing NAV, and assuming it is NIS and its firewall causing the issue.  Nikki605's screenshot should be visible once it has been approved by the forum moderators

Kudos1

Please try the steps mentioned to change the settings in Windows Firewall to check if it is blocking TV.

If that does not work, try Norton Removal Tool (www.norton.com/nrt) for removing the Norton program completely and re-install it from www.norton.com/nav12 (assuming you are using Norton Anti Virus). This will remove any traces of any other Norton program in the computer and make the TV clear any false detections.

Kudos0

I did check my windows firewall and it is saying that it is "Norton Internet Securty" is blocking it from going onto the internet... I have a windows 7  Home Premium... I have never had any other Norton on here but the "anti Virus... 

Kudos1

The notice you are seeing is not from Windows Firewall, it is from an apparently confused Teamviewer.  You need to go into the Window FIrewall settings and make sure that an exception for Teamviewer is enabled.

Kudos0

I would like to apoligize... I am sorry I made you guys go all through this... But thank you a bunch!!! What I finally did was delete teamviewer again and this time it works=) So thank you to everyone! I will be giving all who contriubted kudoz=)

Kudos0

Glad to hear that your issue has been fixed. :)

Kudos0

Happy to hear you were able to find an easy fix.

Kudos0

Yes, glad you were able to get your problem corrected.

Replies are locked for this thread.