• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 V6 Identity Safe Vault Issue

Hi

I've searched forums and couln't find an answer to this so hoping someone can help.

I am using Norton 360 v6.2.0.9 in Internet Explorer on Windows 7.

A couple of days ago I started using Identity Safe's Online Vault. It was working well on multiple computers. However, yesterday I changed my email address for my Norton Account. The next time I used Identity Safe and logged in to my Norton Account using my new email address all of my logins and cards were gone. I tried logging out and logged in again using my old email address, but as you'd expect the login failed.

Has anyone experienced the same thing? I'm hoping the logins and cards still exist in the Online Vault database and it's just a matter of the people at Symantec simply re-establishing the link with my new Norton Account credentials (email address). Surely if you change your Norton Account email address it doesn't just scrap all your ID Safe info without any warning!?

Anyway thanks for reading. Thanks a amillion for any and all help offered.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 V6 Identity Safe Vault Issue

Welcome

Have you tried logging in with the old email address?

You should contact Support using the online chat to ensure the new email address is used for the account. You can contact them here.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Accepted Solution
Kudos2

Hi 7fergis,

Your vault data should still exist. Unfortunately you've encountered an issue that will be fixed in the near future (it's currently undergiong testing). As you might imagine, the vault is associated with the Norton Account email address, which can change. We will fix this so that it will be associated with a different value that doesn't change. For the time being, we'll need to get you back into your vault with a manual workaround, so please bear with me.

The basic procedure is to change your Norton Account email address back to the old one so you can log into it, export the vault to a backup file, change your Norton Account email address back to the new one, and then create a new vault and import from the backup.

Here are specific steps:

1. Go to account.norton.com and log in with your current Norton Account
  2. Change the account's email address to the old one that you were using with the vault.
  3. Launch the Identity Safe login dialog and log into the Norton Account with the old email address. You may need to click "Log out" or "Change email address" if you remained logged into the "new" Norton Account.
  4. You should be able to log into the vault, since you're using the old email address.
  5. From the Identity Safe menu in the browser toolbar, choose Options->Export. Use the Export Identity Safe Data dialog to export to identity Safe Backup Format - DAT file.
  6. Under the Identity Safe settings, click "Delete Data" to delete the vault.
  7. Go to account.norton.com, log in, and change your Norton Account email back to the new one.
  8. Launch the Identity Safe Setup dialog and log into the Norton Account with the new email address. Similar to step 3, you may need to click "Log out" or "Change email address" if you remained logged into the "old" Norton Account.
  9. If it still indicates that you have a vault and asks you to log in, and you can't log into it, you will have the opportunity to reset it after several failed login attempts. You should reset it so that you can create a fresh new one and then import the saved backup.
  10. Set up a new online vault for this Norton Account.
  11. After your new vault is set up, import from the backup. To do this, from the Identity Safe menu in the browser toolbar, choose Options->Import. Use the Import Identity Safe Data dialog to import. Since you're importing into a new empty vault, it doesn't matter whether the Replace or Merge option is selected.

At the end of this procedure, your backed-up vault data should have been imported into the newly-created vault.

I hope this helps. Any questions that you think may be beneficial for others, please reply to the thread. For any specific problems with this procedure, feel free to send me a private message. Thanks.

Kudos0

Brilliant! Worked a treat. All logins and cards restored intact. Thanks for the easy to understand instructions jlatino0 . I'll look forward to seeing the patch...

Replies are locked for this thread.