• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

DW20.EXE

I just installed Norton 6.0 when it popped up and said it needed upgraded. I restarted the computer like it wanted to and checked a few things after it restarted. I went to Mozilla to find out that my Persona had disappeared. It never did that before so I went to personas and found a way to readd my persona. I got to checking around in the task manager and looked at processes and DW20.EXE is in there. It was not there before that. Is this a part of it or is this something else entirely?

My username should have been demonicvampireGIRL but the IRL got cut off before I noticed it.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: DW20.EXE

I just installed Norton 6.0 when it popped up and said it needed upgraded. I restarted the computer like it wanted to and checked a few things after it restarted. I went to Mozilla to find out that my Persona had disappeared. It never did that before so I went to personas and found a way to readd my persona. I got to checking around in the task manager and looked at processes and DW20.EXE is in there. It was not there before that. Is this a part of it or is this something else entirely?

My username should have been demonicvampireGIRL but the IRL got cut off before I noticed it.
Kudos0

Hi DemonicvampireGIRL,

DW20.EXE is the Application Error Reporting client included with Microsoft Office 2003, a tool that collects information automatically whenever an Office application crashes and allows users to send a report directly to Microsoft. Microsoft uses the data to address problems and enhance future versions of the applications. This tool is an essential process and should not be removed.

So, it is not related to the issue you had earlier to the persona in Mozilla.

Regards,

Sagar Seelam

Kudos0

Alright because I never seen that once before until after I installed the new nortons so I thought it was something from that. I didn't even have Office open when that happened I did before I restarted the comp but I had restarted and logged out before that popped up. I thought maybe I had either a new virus or as before it was something from the new nortons. Thanks!

Kudos0

demonicvampireg wrote:

From here: http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/dw20/27377/

dw20.exe is the Application Error Reporting client included with Microsoft Office 2003, a tool that collects information automatically whenever an Office application crashes and allows users to send a report directly to Microsoft. Microsoft uses the data to address problems and enhance future versions of the applications.

This tool is an essential process and should not be removed.

Replies are locked for this thread.