• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

How can I tell if Norton 360 is running?

How can I tell if Norton 360 is running on my computer? I looked under task manager and found nothing that suggested that Norton was there. I also clicked on "live update" and "Norton 360" from the Start/All programs menu. Nothing seemed to have any effect. There was no reaction whatsoever.

I have a Dell running XP.

Thanks

Replies

Kudos1

Re: How can I tell if Norton 360 is running?

(Note: After running the NPE tool suggested above --)

If you do not see any ccSvcHst processes (there should be at least one visible in Task Manager) running then Norton is not running.  If that is the case you may want to try the Norton Removal and Reinstall tool found here.

Win7 x32 SP1
Kudos0

How can I tell if Norton 360 is running on my computer? I looked under task manager and found nothing that suggested that Norton was there. I also clicked on "live update" and "Norton 360" from the Start/All programs menu. Nothing seemed to have any effect. There was no reaction whatsoever.

I have a Dell running XP.

Thanks

Kudos0

Hi davanzo,

When did you installed the N360 in your computer?

Is there is Desktopicon for N360? Is it just flashing a Timer and going away when you try to open the N360 from Start Menu?

When did you ran the Full Systems Scan if it is working fine earlier in your computer?

If this all don't work ..try to do a Scan with the NPE(Norton Pwer Eraser).

You can download it from her :

http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx?lcid=1033

Follow the instructions there in the above link and do the scan and let us know if it helps?

Regards,

Sagar S

Replies are locked for this thread.