• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

My computer no longer recognizes my camera since Norton 360 was downloaded to it.

I have a Windows Vista 32 bit computer.  I was always able in the past to download my pictures from my Canon SD750 to my computer.  Since Norton 360 was downloaded to my computer, the computer no longer recognizes the camera.  I have reinstalled the camera drivers, but the computer still does not recognize the camera.   I visited the Vista forum and this was recognized to be a problem with Norton 360 installations.  Since so many people have had this problem going back 3 years, I was hoping there is now a solution.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: My computer no longer recognizes my camera since Norton 360 was downloaded to it.

I have a Windows Vista 32 bit computer.  I was always able in the past to download my pictures from my Canon SD750 to my computer.  Since Norton 360 was downloaded to my computer, the computer no longer recognizes the camera.  I have reinstalled the camera drivers, but the computer still does not recognize the camera.   I visited the Vista forum and this was recognized to be a problem with Norton 360 installations.  Since so many people have had this problem going back 3 years, I was hoping there is now a solution.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Kudos0

Re: My computer no longer recognizes my camera since Norton 360 was downloaded to it.

Luci,

I'm fairly certain there is a solution to this but whether it involves a Canon update or something else I'm not sure.

However the easy workaround is to pull the memory card from the camera and read it directly on the computer via a memory card slot. Many computers have these built in as do some color printers but if all else fails a card reader that connects by a cable to a USB socket on the computer will show up as a drive in your Windows Explorer and you can access, copy etc the images over to your computer.

They are not expensive and useful to have with you if you are travelling and ever need to transfer the images to free up space.

Just to give you an idea of what I mean here's a link to a bunch of them at different prices but you'll find them in local camera or computing stores. Just make sure they match the kind of card and the storage capacity of the cards.

Hugh
Kudos0

Thank you for your help, Hugh.  I'm saving your message should I need to get a card reader. 

Luci

Kudos0

I don't know if this is what Hugh was referring to, but you might check out the following thread. It is old, but the actions can still be valid.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/usb-camera-not-recognized-with-recently-downloaded-norton-360-v3/m-p/103880/highlight/true#M14044

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Thanks Peter, I knew there was something but my BioRAM needs frequent refreshing ...

Hugh
Kudos0

Luci,

Check out the link that Peter gives and let us know if you need any help in carrying out any of the suggestions there.

And reinstalling or updating the Canon software that came with the camera might be the answer. Check the Canon website for updates -- sometimes the software has an Update button under Help.

Hugh
Kudos0

huwyngr wrote:

Thanks Peter, I knew there was something but my BioRAM needs frequent refreshing ...

That's why we don't work alone here. Between us we come up with the full memory. 

Kudos0

One bit at a time ....

Hugh
Kudos0

I have deleted and reinstalled the Canon software, but it didn't make any difference.

Kudos0

I checked the drivers and I don't have anything that says USB cord.  Tomorrow, I will uninstall and reinstall the canon software -- and reboot.  Didn't do that today.  Maybe that will make a difference.  Thank you.

Kudos0

Were you able to try the information in the link I gave earlier? Deleting the device from Device Manager, then rebooting the computer will reinstall the drivers for your camera.

Replies are locked for this thread.