• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Intrusion Prevention keeps turning itself off..

Everytime i go into Norton 360 on the PC Security screen it says that i have 2 issues and when i click on the fix now it doesn't fix them.. The 2 that are at risk are Intrusion Prevention and Browser Protection. Intrusion Prevention is turned off and Browser Protection is on. I then go to the settings page and click on Firewall and then the tab Intrusion and Browser Protection and turn on Inrusion Prevention but then when i click apply it automatically turns it back off. How can i fix this??? Should i just re-install Norton?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Intrusion Prevention keeps turning itself off..

Everytime i go into Norton 360 on the PC Security screen it says that i have 2 issues and when i click on the fix now it doesn't fix them.. The 2 that are at risk are Intrusion Prevention and Browser Protection. Intrusion Prevention is turned off and Browser Protection is on. I then go to the settings page and click on Firewall and then the tab Intrusion and Browser Protection and turn on Inrusion Prevention but then when i click apply it automatically turns it back off. How can i fix this??? Should i just re-install Norton?

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Tiarne wrote:

Welcome

Start by clicking on Support - Get Support. This will run Autofix that checks your installation and fixes what it finds.

If you still have the problem, a reinstall should fix things.

Back up your Identity Safe data if you use that feature.

Download and run the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool found here. As the name implies it will remove and then reinstall a fresh copy of your product.

Run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Import your Identity Safe data.

Let us know how it goes.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Thank you, the Autofix didn't seem to fix it but i am reinstalling it now. How long should it take?

Kudos0

Tiarne wrote:

Thank you, the Autofix didn't seem to fix it but i am reinstalling it now. How long should it take?

I won't guarantee anything, but if you have already started, it may be done shortly after you read this.

In reality, it will depend on your system. The typical install will take between 10 and 20 minutes including the reboots for the LiveUpdates. The uninstall will only take a few minutes.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

I have the same problem and the fixes here do not work.  The fixes on Norton 360 do not work no matter what route I take to press the fix button.  Going into the Norton firewall shows intrusion is off but when I click it on it shows on but changes back to off as soon as I apply it.  I use Firefox and not IE.  The status always shows on in the problem area for both Intrusion Prevention and Browser Protection, but the entire line for each is in red with an X and a statement that both e PC and Browser are not protected.   I have rebooted multiple times with no change to this problem.  

OK, I tried the liveupdate and reboot and that fixed it.  Thanks everyone. 

Replies are locked for this thread.