• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf4 Infection in Services.exe. Help!

Need help removing Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf4. Infected file C:\Windows\System32\services.exe

Allegedly Trojan.Zeroaccess.B, Trojan.Gen, Trojan.Gen.2, Trojan.Zeroaccess.C have been removed/quarantined by Auto-Protect. Scan prompts manual removal of .Zeroaccess!inf4

Any help greatly appreciated.

HP Mini 5103, Windows 7 Starter, 32-bit

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf4 Infection in Services.exe. Help!

Help?

Kudos0

Yeah I'm having the same issue and have been battling it for 1 whole day now. I had a couple others that Norton found, but for Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf4, Norton tools do nothing except detect it.

I ran all of the tools and made a boot disk which found it but failed to fix it.

Any help by Norton or anyone else would be great. This one is a pain in the buttocks.

Kudos0

A good way to start would be downloading TDSS killer for Kaspersky.

Oh, you want to download MBRcheck.exe to check your Master Boot Record.http://majorgeeks.com/MBRCheck_d7076.html

If you could turn off your computer then when you press the power button keep hitting F8, then when a screen appears (Safe mode etc) Go into 'Repair Your Computer', log in then go into Command Prompt, then punch in Bootrec /fixmbr

This will make Windows write a new MBR to the system.

Proceed with a full scan in safe mode with Norton.

I also recommend you to download GMER, to find where the rootkit is. http://www.gmer.net/

Kudos0

RootkitFinder wrote:

A good way to start would be downloading TDSS killer for Kaspersky.

Oh, you want to download MBRcheck.exe to check your Master Boot Record.http://majorgeeks.com/MBRCheck_d7076.html

If you could turn off your computer then when you press the power button keep hitting F8, then when a screen appears (Safe mode etc) Go into 'Repair Your Computer', log in then go into Command Prompt, then punch in Bootrec /fixmbr

This will make Windows write a new MBR to the system.

Proceed with a full scan in safe mode with Norton.

I also recommend you to download GMER, to find where the rootkit is. http://www.gmer.net/

This user has no idea what they are doing at all, and they can't read the info provided, a dangerous user.

This Zeroaccess has nothing to do with the Boot Sector, and if you also have Pihar (unknown if so) using the tool, will more than likely cause Windows to not boot.

As for TDSSkiller, with this zeroaccess, it doesn't work with this variant, as users who have come here after using TDSSkiller have found out, when I notice in the FRST log TDSSkiller, FixZeroaccess and NPE have all been used.

Quads

Kudos0

Quads, thanks for the response. I have not done what the previous poster said I should try. I was hoping that you would see my post and help me remove this from my laptop. I trust that your fix is the proper way to do so. Could you help me out and get this removed? Thank you.

Kudos0

ANY other user other than the thread starter is not to use any instructions, scripts or proceedures,  The work though in cleaning a system is individual and only for that system due to a number of factors.

Unfortunately, with the amount of threads means the waiting time is longer, Norton continually Blocking files won't hurt your system but is is just annoying, Please wait and be patient.   I am  trying to keep up, spending hours here to script and clean machines on a first come/first served basis. If you or someone adds to your thread It will be pushed back in line due to the new update.  I use the boards in reverse to what is seen

Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so. 

• We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Do as the instructions ask nothing extra or run things twice
  • If I ask a Question just answer it, don't run anything unless it states.
  • Major steps used:

1. Find

2. Break

3. Destroy

4. Cleanup  (including system as a whole)

Please read every post completely before doing anything. 

• Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.
  • Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forum, (sometimes )

• Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.

Do you have a Flash Drive??

Quads

Kudos0

Quads,

Yes I do. 16GB.

Kudos0

Read Slowly and all of it.

Please download http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/  Download the 32 bit version

Transfer it on to the Flash Drive

Enter System Recovery Options

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

• Select Command Prompt
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
    Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your portable hard drive
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive.  restart the system and load Windows Pleaseattach the log in  your reply back..

Quads

Kudos0

Quads,

FRST attached

Thanks

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Download the script attached, needs to be the same file name as well (fixlist.txt), Copy across to flash drive

NOTE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Now please enter System Recovery Options again. Like previously

• Select Command Prompt
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst.exe or frst64.exe and press Enter
    Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

Quads

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Quads,

Fixlog.txt attached

Thanks

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

I'm having the same problem as the other user in this thread. I have attached my first.txt file.

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

cyborg555

I am not touching your system, you have used advanced programs against warnings in this thread, and still gone on your own.

Good Luck

Quads

Kudos0

I did not see any warnings against advanced programs. At any rate I found another helper on a different forum who walked me through a procedure using otl and ComboFix. He was able to help me.

I really think it strange that I'm paying for Norton to protect me from these viruses. Norton is unable toto block me from this infection . Is unable to remove the infection using any of its tools lthat it povides. and that it relies on volunteers like you to resolve my problems. I doubt that McAfee or anybody else is any better so I'm sticking with Norton .I'm pretty sure they protected me from any permanent damage or loss of files so at least that's something .

Kudos0

conman1 wrote:

Quads,

Fixlog.txt attached

Thanks

Step 3. 

Please read carefully Read all of this message first

Download Combofix http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/combofix  It will be a new copy as it always gets updated.

• Ensure that Combofix is saved directly to the Desktop <--- Very important  (Not in the Download(s) or Temp folders)

• Disable all security programs as they will have a negative effect on Combofix, Disabled for say 1 hour or more.
  • Close any open browsers and any other programs you might have running

Right click the combofix.exe on the desktop and select from the menu "Run as Administrator"

• If you are using windows XP It might display a pop up saying that "Recovery console is not installed, do you want to install?" Please select yes & let it download the files it needs to do this. Once the recovery console is installed Combofix will then offer to scan for malware. Select continue or yes.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" for further review

****Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze ****

Note: ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making it the default browser.
Note: Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CDs, floppies and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security.

*EXTRA NOTES*

• If Combofix detects any Rootkit/Bootkit activity on your system it will give a warning and prompt for a reboot, you must allow it to do so.
  • If Combofix reboot's due to a rootkit, the screen may stay black for several minutes on reboot, this is normal
  • If after running Combofix you receive any type of warning message about registry key's being listed for deletion when trying to open certain items, reboot the system and this will fix the issue (Those items will not be deleted)

Quads

Kudos0

Quads,

Combofix.txt attached.

Thanks

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

step 4. (a)

Please read carefully and Slowly

You might have to export the results

Please scan with ESET next 

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

• Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the  button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on  to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the  icon on your desktop.
  • Check 
  • Click the  button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check  and DON'T (NO) check Remove found threats (reason for this is we don't want something deleted and then Windows won't load).
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • Attach the resulting log in your next reply

If you think a log should have been generated then go to C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt to find it. 

Quads

Kudos0

Quads,

ESET has found a new trojan. Please see attached ESET log.

Thanks.

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Step 4. (b)

Disable Norton for say 30 minutes

Download OTL http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/otl/

Start OTL,  

Click the Scan All Users checkbox.

Change file age to 60 days

Press the 

An OTL.txt  and extras.txt will be created.

Quads

Kudos0

Quads,

OTL Logs attached.

Thanks.

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Uninstall

ESET Online Scanner

I have to script for the rest.

Quads

Kudos0

Quads,

ESET Scanner and ESET Installer/Downloader both deleted.

Thanks.

Kudos0

Disable Norton for say 30 minutes

Start OTL,   under   Copy and paste the custom script attached which you open in for instance Notepad,(include the : at the start of :OTL and all the way to the end / bottom)  and run the script. (Red Run Fix Button)

The output log, should be placed in the C:\ _OTL folder after.

Attach log.

Quads

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Quads,

OTL fix log attached.

Thank you for all of your help in this matter. Your time and effort are greatly appreciated.

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

How is your system running now??

Quads

Kudos0

Quads,

It appears to be running ok. Would you recommend running a final scan with Norton to make sure everything has been cleaned?

Thank you,

Conman1

Kudos1

Disable Norton

Start OTL again but this time click the Black CleanUp button, then make sure the C:\_OTL folder is deleted.

After that you are free to go on your merry way.  You are now fixed / Solved.

If you want Malwarebytes download the Free version to install and don't click the Trial button

If you want to, you can turn off System Restore wait for it to clear the Restore Points and then Turn it back on once you find all is happy. today, tomorrow whenever.

Stick with just scanning with Norton and MBAM Free

Quads

Kudos0

Quads,

Thank you for all of your help. Your time, effort, knowledge, and patience are greatly appreciated. 

Conman1

Kudos0

Hi Quads,

I am also struggling to remove Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf4 from my system. Norton Security Suite say it is located in C:/Windows/system32/services.exe. I am using windows 7 on 64 bit machine. Any sort of help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kudos0

Hey i'm having the same problem. I have attached my txt file can you please help?
Thanks 

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Ruby08

I am not touching your system,  you went against instructions and warnings, or cannot read instructions, then also  did not run the tool(s) correctly.

No one told you to run the tools and to search.

Good Luck, but I am not going near.

Quads

Kudos0

Thats it? 
what should i do? i came here for help..

Kudos0

Do what you like you have already done things on your own run tools like you know what you are doing, ignored warnings, instructions, run tools incorrectly so can't even follow steps. (but you know what you are doing) 

I give the warnings on earch thread for others to see and I have checked they are on this thread also (page 1)

Good Luck

Quads

Kudos0

im sorry im not sure i understand, so im going to follow the very same steps on page1? 
but my system is 64 bit Windows 7 

Kudos0

please!

Kudos0

No

On page 1 it states,

ANY other user other than the thread starter is not to use any instructions, scripts or proceedures,  The work though in cleaning a system is individual and only for that system due to a number of factors.

Unfortunately, with the amount of threads means the waiting time is longer, Norton continually Blocking files won't hurt your system but is is just annoying, Please wait and be patient.   I am  trying to keep up, spending hours here to script and clean machines on a first come/first served basis. If you or someone adds to your thread It will be pushed back in line due to the new update.  I use the boards in reverse to what is seen

Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so. 

You ignored it an know better, running tool(s) etc on your own, and can't even do that correctly, so I am not touching your system

Good Luck

Quads

Replies are locked for this thread.