• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Reopening Vault - password won't work

I installed everything and tested the vault, everything worked fine however I then closed the vault and reopened it later however it will not except my vault password, it has done this twice now when opening the vault and it asks for my password it will not accept it, despite copy and pasting the password or simply copying it letter for letter. 

I'm using Chrome.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Reopening Vault - password won't work

Okay sorry didn't know what else was needed,

Just Norton ID Safe 2012.6.2.3

Windows 7.

I'm not sure it's just the vault that stores the password - the toolbar in chrome, after clicking close vault from the drop down, when I click open vault and the pop up box appears asking for the vault password.

Thanks 

Kudos0

Hi Ben... I'm having all kinds of problems with Identity Safe and the vault.  At first I thought it was the N360 beta I was in and I gave up entirely on that and just installed the Norton Tool Bar with Identity Safe.

Now I'm not so sure... Recently I have had many, many problems logging into my Norton Account; and if I am able to log into my Norton account then I may or may not be able to open my vault; and if I am able to open my vault it may or may not contain my information; or it may see it that my vault never existed and I have to go through the process of setting up a new vault.

There are a number of other posts describing similar problems with the Norton Identity Safe.  IMHO Norton has some very serious problems with Identity Safe, and especially the online vault.  I have no clue if Norton is doing anything about it or even is acknowledging that there is a problem. 

For myself I'm very close to uninstalling all the Norton products and for password management going with something like LastPass.

-Norm

Norm Sash
Kudos0

I installed everything and tested the vault, everything worked fine however I then closed the vault and reopened it later however it will not except my vault password, it has done this twice now when opening the vault and it asks for my password it will not accept it, despite copy and pasting the password or simply copying it letter for letter. 

I'm using Chrome.

Kudos0

Hi, yeah I've been having numerous problems, after closing down the pc last night and coming on again this morning it closed my vault and so now I cannot get back into the vault as it constantly says I'm entering the wrong password into the login assistant..

Kudos0

Hi Ben, Please make sure that you're entering the correct password. There are actually two passwords: one for Norton Account and one for your Online Vault. When you click 'Vault Closed'/'Login Assistant' and the prompt appears, does it say at the bottom: 'You're logged into your Norton Account'? If that is the case then you need to put in your Online Vault password, which is a strong password when you first created it. Sorry to point this out if it does not apply to you but it's something that's easily misunderstood. If you are entering the Online Vault password correctly and it's telling you that it's the wrong password then we might have a different issue. Please let us know if that's the case. Regards, Albert
Kudos0

Hello,

Yes it's the strong password as I am already logged into my Norton account. So it's the issue with entering the Online Vault password and it continually tells me it's incorrect, despite having the exact password written down infront of me

Kudos0

Ben_Roberts wrote:

I'm using Chrome.

Hi Ben_Roberts,

Some addtional information will help us figure this out.

Which Norton Product are you using NIS, N 360, or perhaps the stand alone ID Safe?  Version number?

Operating system and SP #.

Are you talking about the online vault or the local vault?

The more info the better for us to assist you.

Replies are locked for this thread.