• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Norton Toolbar Add-on for Firefox

Earlier today I got an update for "Norton Toolbar Add-on for Firefox" that required a restart.  What is it for?  I didn't see any updates to Firefox.

Bring back the ability to store passwords locally on the PC in Norton 2013 products | Add the ability to turn off "share" in the Norton 2013 products or remove share altogether | Malware on your PC? Keep calm wait for forum member "Quads" to respond. Do NOTHING else. See for more information. | Did you know you can upgrade your Norton products for FREE if your subscription is valid?

Replies

Kudos1

Re: Norton Toolbar Add-on for Firefox

Thalir wrote:

It is the compatibility patch from Norton for the Firefox ver.15 that is suppose to be officially released on 28th Aug

Ah OK.  Good to see Norton releasing patches for Firefox before it is released rather than after like Norton used to do.  Also, the name is more descriptive unlike last time, where it is simple listed as NIS Engine Update or something.

Bring back the ability to store passwords locally on the PC in Norton 2013 products | Add the ability to turn off "share" in the Norton 2013 products or remove share altogether | Malware on your PC? Keep calm wait for forum member "Quads" to respond. Do NOTHING else. See for more information. | Did you know you can upgrade your Norton products for FREE if your subscription is valid?
Kudos0

Did this actually get released?  When I just checked for add-on's within Firefox, I get the message "no updates found."  I have loaded a lot of passwords into Toolbar, and it is slowing me down by not being able to use it. 

I have latest version of Norton 360, V6.

Thank you.

Kudos0

Earlier today I got an update for "Norton Toolbar Add-on for Firefox" that required a restart.  What is it for?  I didn't see any updates to Firefox.

Accepted Solution
Kudos2

It is the compatibility patch from Norton for the Firefox ver.15 that is suppose to be officially released on 28th Aug

Replies are locked for this thread.