• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

trojan.agent/gen-kryptik

I need to start off by saying that Norton did not find this trojan SuperAntiSpyware did. However at any rate I don't know what to do next. SAS is still scanning and is up to 450 infected files so far. Some of which looks like files that I would need. I'm afraid if I delete the files then that might kill my computer. Help!!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: trojan.agent/gen-kryptik

Same thing with me. Super Anti Spyware picks it up on loads of file, mostly .dll's.

All of us are posting on the same day.

I think it must be a mistake unless it something very clever. Norton scans my incoming emails to our company, eset then scans then at server level, then again at desktop level, add malwarebytes, plus SAS, Windows 7 and it's all updated. Add firewalls etc, i just can't see it being right.

SAS hasn;t finished it's scan, i'll see what the options are and call it then. But i think SAS is making a mistake if you ask me.

Kudos0

I am in the same boat, SAS detected the trojan.agent/gen-kryptik in over 686 files so far in 1 hour 8 minutes.  I researched some of the files and they have not been touched or altered by any programs from days to months which makes me wonder if this is a issue with SAS.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic466642.html - Trojan.Agent/Gen-Kryptik false positive?

Everyone is revolting over this SAS release....The SAS website has been taken offline

Kudos0

http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/7054-big-problem-after-last-update-definition/page__hl__trojan.agentgen-kryptik__fromsearch__1

They have released the new definitions that need to be manually forced update.

Kicked off a new scan - clean so far!

Kudos0

I need to start off by saying that Norton did not find this trojan SuperAntiSpyware did. However at any rate I don't know what to do next. SAS is still scanning and is up to 450 infected files so far. Some of which looks like files that I would need. I'm afraid if I delete the files then that might kill my computer. Help!!!

Kudos0

I am in the same boat, SAS detected the trojan.agent/gen-kryptik in over 174 files so far in 35 minutes.  I researched some of the files and they have not been touched or altered by any programs from days to months which makes me wonder if this is a issue with SAS.

Also my N360 or RedShield AV did not detect it either.

I am puzzled so far, have to wait to SAS finishes before I can submit as possible false positives.

-Dee

Replies are locked for this thread.