• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1

Gadget missing ?

Just upgraded to 2013 but where has the Noton widget/gadget gone ?

Replies

Kudos2

Re: Gadget missing ?

Hi,

Unfortunately they have removed the Norton Gadget from the 2013 products.

Dave

Windows 7 x64 SP1 | NSwB 22.1 | MBAM Premium | MBAE Free | HMP.A 2 | SpywareBlaster
Kudos0

Well that sucks!!!.....It was nice to see the Green Secure strip on the gadget
Kudos2

Yep!  I agree,  but Microsoft are no longer supporting Gadgets because they claim they are insecure.  I hope you don't need to reinstall NIS13 because the Local ID Safe has gone too.  It's only available if you upgrade from 2012 version.

Dave

Windows 7 x64 SP1 | NSwB 22.1 | MBAM Premium | MBAE Free | HMP.A 2 | SpywareBlaster
Kudos1

Krusty13 wrote:

Yep!  I agree,  but Microsoft are no longer supporting Gadgets because they claim they are insecure.  I hope you don't need to reinstall NIS13 because the Local ID Safe has gone too.  It's only available if you upgrade from 2012 version.

Dave

I always do a clean-install of newest version of NIS.  Looks like I'll be staying with the 2012 version until they put back IDSafe (which I'm sure they do due to the pressure here).  Also, Microsoft STILL supports gadgets in Win7 and is not killed yet.

When in doubt, uninstall / reinstall :smileywink:Windows 7 SP1 (64 bit), Norton Internet Security 2013, Internet Explorer 10, SpywareBlaster
Kudos1

WLP wrote:

I always do a clean-install of newest version of NIS.  Looks like I'll be staying with the 2012 version until they put back IDSafe (which I'm sure they do due to the pressure here). 

This is one time you might not want to hold your breath too long. They seemed determined to do away with local identity safe and institute a facebook feature, which is also not going down well.

Kudos1

WLP wrote:

I always do a clean-install of newest version of NIS.  Looks like I'll be staying with the 2012 version until they put back IDSafe (which I'm sure they do due to the pressure here).

I'm not betting on it.

Kudos0

I was a big fan of the Norton gadget.  There were a number of times when it signaled a problem for me that I would have missed .  However, if Microsfot has determined that gadgets are insecure, I can definitely understand removing it from all versions of Norton Internet Security.

Kudos0

I know its not the same, but you should still have the little green chack norton icon in ths system tray

Kudos0

I like the norton gadget and the local login safe. Don't they ask people what they like when they beta test this software?

Kudos0

I agree - - I was not happy when It was not available for 2013.......    

Kudos0

I am (unless the "free upgrade" has taken it off) still on NIS 2012 - I meant to check the gadjets list - I noticed that when I installed it on a relatives PC - I liked it too.  I think that MS should take the view that they will ONLY allow SIGNED gadgets to work on the Gadgets Gallery, just like they warn about UNSIGNED drivers, but perhaps NOT allow unsogned ones to wokr at all. That way, the security credibility and robustness/integrity should be mainained, and therefore supported!! ARD  

Replies are locked for this thread.