• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

How can I change my Product Language?

I have a license for Norton Internet Security (3 computers). I want to install it on one computer in French and on a second in English. Can I change the Product Language before installing the second computer?

If not, then how can I download a version in a specific language in order to install it?

Thanks in advance for any help

Replies

Kudos0

Re: How can I change my Product Language?

I have a license for Norton Internet Security (3 computers). I want to install it on one computer in French and on a second in English. Can I change the Product Language before installing the second computer?

If not, then how can I download a version in a specific language in order to install it?

Thanks in advance for any help

Kudos0

You can't change it. But here is a download link for the French version:

http://fr.norton.com/downloads-trial-norton-internet-security

Kudos0

Nice guess, but what I want is the english version

I assume from the link you provided that I can just download the trial version (which | can do from the Symantec page). Is that correct? The trial version will recognize my Product Key and stop being a trial version?

Kudos1

Yes, as you said you could download trail and activate with the key.

Here is the link for Norton Internet security 2012 :

www.norton.com/nis12

Accepted Solution
Kudos1

Symlock,

Note that as implied in the how to's the language is determined by the file used to install and not the key so your (assumedly) French key will activate the English language download -- make sure if you get redirected that EN is in the file name when it is intercepted by Nanny MS .....

There is one thing to be aware of when you have mixed language versions on one key: the liveupdates and normal updates that change the version number will not affect the language BUT if you go to the Update Center later on say to go from 2012 to 2013 or if you allow the Automatic Download of New Version option under Settings / Computer / Updates to operate and then to install the UPGRADE to the next generation then your language will revert to the original one for your Key/Install File ....

To avoid this use a direct download link for the language version you need for the upgrade. For example this link will give you NIS 2013 as a single file installer in English:

NIS - www.norton.com/nis20 

and if you prefer to use it on your French version this would give you that one:

NIS - www.norton.com/fr/nis20 

These "Vanity URLs" are not always the very latest subversion so that the 2012 when I checked it just now is 19.5.1.2 and not the current 19.8.0.4    while the NIS 20 one is NIS-ESD-20-1-1-2-EN which is current at this time. So you need to run Live Update manually a few times with restarts inbetween until it says you are fully uptodate ...

Hope that helps .

Hugh
Kudos1

I wish to add to my colleagues post on mixed language. If you have a French key then do not use the facility within Mynorton account to update when new versions are released, since doing so will install the update related to the language of the key i.e. French.

To be clear, in future wait for the vanity edition to be released so that you install from the standalone executable.

Kudos0

Thank you all for your help. I now understand much better the way updates are handled (although there should be a better way to specify that on this computer, I want that language )

Symlock

Kudos0

Symlock wrote:

Thank you all for your help. I now understand much better the way updates are handled (although there should be a better way to specify that on this computer, I want that language )

Symlock

You may find this in the Norton 2013's now or to come with later updates since although I have not explored this I think I've seen that WIndows 8 itself makes changing languages much easier.

Maybe we have someone who knows about this aspect of the new Nortons ....

Hugh

Replies are locked for this thread.