• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 - LiveUpdate Not Updating Automatically

Hello,

I'm using Norton 360 Verson 6.3.0.14 on Windows 7 (64-bit PC).

Since installed, LiveUpdate has been updating automatically without any manual updating. Subscription has 344 days remaining.

This morning (September 11, 2012) I am getting the following message when I click on the PC Security section of the dashboard:

Definitions Updated: Not Available

I now have to manually update LiveUpdate (in the Tasks section) to get up to date definitions.

How do I get LiveUpdate to update automatically so I no longer have to update manually?

Thanks!

Labels: LiveUpdate

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 - LiveUpdate Not Updating Automatically

Hello,

I'm using Norton 360 Verson 6.3.0.14 on Windows 7 (64-bit PC).

Since installed, LiveUpdate has been updating automatically without any manual updating. Subscription has 344 days remaining.

This morning (September 11, 2012) I am getting the following message when I click on the PC Security section of the dashboard:

Definitions Updated: Not Available

I now have to manually update LiveUpdate (in the Tasks section) to get up to date definitions.

How do I get LiveUpdate to update automatically so I no longer have to update manually?

Thanks!

Kudos0

Hi n360fan,

To make sure Automatic Updates are activated,  open N360 and go to Settings > Antivirus.  On the Antispyware and Updates tab make sure Automatic Live Updates and Pulse updates are set to On.  If not,  move the slider to the On position and click Apply.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Dave

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 *** Norton 360 v21.6.0.32
Kudos0

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

All settings you mentioned are ON (I should have mentioned that in my original post) . LiveUpdate is still not updating automatically.

Norton 360 is used on a laptop that goes into sleep mode when not used for a while - that has never affected LiveUpdate and automatic updates before though.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

I installed Windows 7 updates and rebooted my computer and LiveUpdate is now updating automatically.

Not sure whether it was the Windows updates or the reboot that corrected things.

You can mark this as RESOLVED.  Thanks!

Replies are locked for this thread.