• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

change password email

Today I received an email from NortonAccount@symantec.com about a password change. I can't remember when I last used Norton but we're talking 5 years or more. Do you have any suggestions as to why this would happen and what I should do?

Thanks Simon

Replies

Kudos0

Re: change password email

Hi Simon,

The email address you give is a legitimate Symantec email address. You could contact Norton Chat, where you use your computer, not the phone. Give them the info and details about the email and work from there ...

https://www.norton.com/chat

Edit: This is the official support page, in case chat was to fall through, because you say you no longer use Norton products. You generally need to pick a product from the chat page.

Norton Support:  https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/contact/contact.jsp?ct=us&lg=en&product=home&pvid=f-home&version=1

Ed

Kudos0

Hi Simon,

This is a known issue. Your account password has not been changed, and your account is secure. You have received the email as part of a secure process to ensure only you can reset your account password and you may ignore the email.

If I get any further information, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Dave

Kudos0

Hi Simon,

If you still have it, can you forward me the email you received? My email address is visible on my profile.

Thanks!

Dave

Kudos0

I have also recieved an email today about resetting my password but I have not been in my Norton account in I-don't-know-how-long. Clicking any links in the email gets me Chinese. Literally, everything in in chinese.

Kudos0

If you could forward that email to me, great. My email is on my profile.

Thanks!

Dave

Kudos0

Sent

Kudos0

Received. 

Thanks!

Kudos0

I received the following email that says that I requested an update to my Norton password.

I did not make such a request.

The link provided connects to a page in Chinese.

It recommends that I if I did not make this request, I should contact Symantec Customer Service
for assistance.

However, it provides no link or number to do so other than the Symantec web site and a snail mail address.

This looks like either; 1) Norton/Symantec itself was hacked; or 2) Norton/Symantec screwed up.

--------------------

Subject:   Forgot your Norton Account password?
Date:   Thu, September 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Thank you for contacting Symantec.
                        You have indicated that you have forgotten your Norton Account password.
                        To securely reset your password and sign into your account, click the link below
and follow the instructions.
                         Reset Password                       
                        For security reasons, this link is only valid for a limited time.
                        If clicking the link does not work, copy and paste this link directly into a web
browser.
                        http://sitedirector.symantec.com/932743328/?action=resetpw&ssdcat=264&displang=iso3:qcs&env=prod&detectAgent=1&tok=%2Fu9aHHrp6NRJZOiwMHMoRZXnXNYWGEsOOqkazXBFuZcUrunMjxN%2BX20%2FCBXC9HgXcHmYma%2Bk83iPam5jX9s6r94n1PKv6W2aKAFKfS4FnAnRdnWJSLgRhiX%2BYp2BSUOn%3Ah75s9koo

If you did not request a new password, please contact Symantec Customer Service
for assistance.

Thank you for choosing Symantec!
                        Please do not reply to this message. This email address is not monitored so we
are unable to respond to any messages sent to this address.
                        Please Check Symantec Web Site for information www.symantec.com
                        Symantec  Corporation, 350 Ellis St., Mountain View, CA, U.S.A. 94043

Replies are locked for this thread.