• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

360 PE v20.x & FF15 password management

Hi,

seems like newest version always turns off  "Save passwords" from Firefox 15 when FF were closed even I have used either "Ask me" or "No" option in "Turn off browser password management"  in Norton 360 Identity Safe settings/browser settings.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 360 PE v20.x & FF15 password management

Hi,

seems like newest version always turns off  "Save passwords" from Firefox 15 when FF were closed even I have used either "Ask me" or "No" option in "Turn off browser password management"  in Norton 360 Identity Safe settings/browser settings.

Kudos0

I still have the same problem. Isn't there anyone "suffered" with same issue and solved it? I'm not sure weather the terms at my original messages are correct since I don't use English version of 360 or FF, but in Firebox about:config option is "signon.rememberSignons" and Norton 360 (v.20.1.1.2) always turns it "false" when exit browser and starts it again even the option in 360 to handle this is turned off. If it is set to "Ask me" nothing will still be asked and "signon.rememberSignons" always turns "false". This didn't happened with previous versions of 360PE.

Kudos0

Sorry, I'm unable to understand the problem. Are you refereing to the Password Management in Norton 360 - Identity Safe or the in-built password management in Firefox? Can you provide some screenshots also?

Thanks,

HarryP

Kudos0

I mean that Norton 360 says that its recommended to turn off browsers own password management, but even I don't allow 360 to do so, Firefox's own password management always turns off automatically. There is three options in 360 for browsers own pw management. The recommended for identity save browser settings is "Turn off browser own pw management" is "yes", but even I choose "ask me" or "no", it always turns FF's own management off. FF version is now 16.0.1

Kudos0

Does this problem happens when you disable the Norton Add-ons/extensions or when you disable the Norton Toolbar?

This way, we can find if the problem happens due to Norton or not.

Thanks,

HarryP

Kudos0

Error occurs only if Norton Toolbar 2013.1.3.1 extension is enabled in FF. No matter weather I am logged in Norton Identity Safe or not. Norton Vulnerability Protection-extension doesn't cause the error.
Kudos0

I have the same problem with Norton Internet Security. The Password Vault disables the built in password management in FireFox 15 and 16. If I enable the saved passwords in FireFox and am loged out of the Password Vault, the FireFox password management works just fine. But when I log into the Norton's Password Vault it shuts down the password management in FireFox. After I log out of the Password Vault, I can enable the password management in FireFox again with no problems. The point is that no matter what setting I have in Norton Internet Security for the Password Vault, ie "Turn Off Browsers Password Manager, Yes, No, Ask Me" it's all the same, it turns OFF the Browsers Password Manager! We only use the Norton's Password Vault for the very important things, and for simple log-ins we use the one included in the FireFox Browser. The switches in Settings for the Vault should do as they are intended. Would love to see that fixed.

Thanks...

Kudos0

Hexer909 wrote:

I have the same problem with Norton Internet Security....

Thanks...

Hi,
Issue is still
Kudos0

crappy service from you symantec!!

This problem occured first at FF15 and now there is FF17 and several pathes to 360 but bug is still there.

Is it realyyy so hard to get client to follow the choice "no" or "ask me" when selected to NOT TO TURN BROWSERS OWN PASSWORD CONTROL OFF"

You are completely lost you ability to keep your products up to date and therefore there is at least one customer who has abandoned Eg. Norton Ghost and changed to other, working software, and if this incompetence continues, I have no other way to go than abandon other Norton products too... and I quess I'm not the only one.

Kudos0

FWIW,

I do not use FF - but I did try to duplicate what you are saying and no matter which option I selected in "Turn off the browser's password manager"   and double checked to make sure the "Remember paswords for sites" was checked, then closed FF and reopened and the check mark was gone. I then repeated it with an close and open of Norton and the FF and the samwe thing - the check mark did not remain.

There is a post from Senthill here, but I have not seen any resolution.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/NIS-2013-Norton-Toolbar-Unselects-Firefox-Remember-Passwords/m-p/837958/highlight/true#M5351

Kudos0

Ok, they are looking for that... almost four weeks now... give me the source code and I fix it in five minutes:)

It shoud not be so hard to fix. Because that option dont need to interact any other option or function, there is propably and Object that handles those browser options, and in that object some function checks if browser option is turned on. If its on, it calls function that checks if it should turn it off or not and then do the trick. There is two possible bugs. The call of function that reads user setting is not called at all, or it is called but the funtions returns "yes" no matter what user has selected.

Replies are locked for this thread.