• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Blank Threat detected boxes.

I'm getting Threat detected boxes that are blank. There is nothing in the list of threats, and when I try to exit it, It tells me there are unresolved threats. Why is this happening...? I recently got a trojan from something I downloaded, but norton got rid of it. The Blank boxes started appearing then, so I used the norton power eraser, and it detected a few things that I knew where legitimate. I let norton erase them anyway, but the blank boxes still appear.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Blank Threat detected boxes.

I'm getting Threat detected boxes that are blank. There is nothing in the list of threats, and when I try to exit it, It tells me there are unresolved threats. Why is this happening...? I recently got a trojan from something I downloaded, but norton got rid of it. The Blank boxes started appearing then, so I used the norton power eraser, and it detected a few things that I knew where legitimate. I let norton erase them anyway, but the blank boxes still appear.
Kudos0

Windows 7, Norton Internet security 2012
Kudos0

snowydave wrote:
Windows 7, Norton Internet security 2012

Hi,

Could you tell us the browser(s) you are using when you see the blank boxes. IE 7, 8 or 9, FF 15, Chrome 21, etc.

Posting screenshots of these blank boxes could be of great help. Instructions for doing so are in my previous post by clicking that link, or by clicking this link ...

http://community.norton.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Forum-Tip-How-to-post-screenshots-in-the-forum/m-p/254415/highlight/true#M6103

As an afterthought, do the boxes appear in the lower right corner of the browser, state they have blocked an attack that matches a known signature? Either way, if you could get a screen shot of the boxes.

Ed

Kudos0

Edit : fixed image

I've always used Firefox ._.

Kudos1

Does the UI looks similar to this thread?

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Norton-Internet-Security-shows-quot-Threat-Detected-quot-window/m-p/792040#U792040

If so, apologies, we are aware of this issue, and it will be addressed in a future update.

Pieter

Kudos0

Hi, I also have this problem. It's driving me nuts, is it solved already? Is there any update on this?

Kudos0

snowydave wrote:
I'm getting Threat detected boxes that are blank. There is nothing in the list of threats, and when I try to exit it, It tells me there are unresolved threats. I recently got a trojan from something I downloaded, but norton got rid of it. The Blank boxes started appearing then, so I used the norton power eraser, and it detected a few things that I knew where legitimate. I let norton erase them anyway, but the blank boxes still appear.

Could you list your OS and browser or browsers that you use when this happens. Also the exact Norton product and version ... Support > About.

If you could post screen shots of the blank boxes, that would be a great help also.

Instructions for posting screen shots are here ...  How to post Screenshots

Ed

Replies are locked for this thread.