• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Email Error: 451 qq temporary problem (#4.3.0)

I am using Outlook 2010 and pop3 to access my email from Network Solutions. During the past couple of days, I have begun to receive an Email Error pop-up: "451 qq temporary problem ((#4.3.0)" from Norton Internet Security. People are not receiving my messages and it's taking a long time for me to receive messages for others, if at all.

In a different post, someone from Symantec suggested turning off the outgoing email scan in NIS. I did that, but all that has done is stop the error message pop-up and the email problems continue.

My assumption is that Network Solutions is having problems on their end, but since the error is so generic and nondescript, I can't tell for sure.  When I search Help for 451 qq, I find nothing.

Can someone please tell me what that error means?

Thanks!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Email Error: 451 qq temporary problem (#4.3.0)

embGL2 wrote:

I am using Outlook 2010 and pop3 to access my email from Network Solutions. During the past couple of days, I have begun to receive an Email Error pop-up: "451 qq temporary problem ((#4.3.0)" from Norton Internet Security. People are not receiving my messages and it's taking a long time for me to receive messages for others, if at all.

In a different post, someone from Symantec suggested turning off the outgoing email scan in NIS. I did that, but all that has done is stop the error message pop-up and the email problems continue.

My assumption is that Network Solutions is having problems on their end, but since the error is so generic and nondescript, I can't tell for sure.  When I search Help for 451 qq, I find nothing.

Can someone please tell me what that error means?

Thanks!

Welcome,
The source of the translation for that error message will be Network Solutions. It is their server that is generating the message. Your Norton program is only acting as a pass-through. As a double check you might review your POP3 settings in Outlook - to be sure you aren't assisting in the creation of the error message.

Keep us posted

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

Another recent poster's report of a similar issue is here...

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Norton-error-message/td-p/823708

In the previous poster's case the issue seems to have self-corrected.

Kind Regards,

John

Kudos0

I have the same error which now happens on every email unless I disable outgoing message scanning.  As usual with Symantec, they will not admit that it could be their problem and want to force a call to the India Call Center to try to solve the problem.  The Symantec employee who suggested turning off email scanning for outgoing mail scanning just didn't want to try to solve the problem and his post was obviously not monitored by Symantec.  I've been a Symantec customer for over 15 years but their support policies don't allow for prompt resolution of problems and certainly arent' customer centric.  Hope you find an answer.

Kudos0

We are having multiple users have this problem in our office.  Please help!!!

Kudos0

I have several users with the SAME problem...And there isn't any Norton involved!

Kudos0

Same here, it's getting more and more annoying.  Wish I could disable the outgoing scanning without getting the yellow ! on the system tray icon.

Kudos0

rh wrote:

Wish I could disable the outgoing scanning without getting the yellow ! on the system tray icon.

On the Norton Advanced View window, hover your mouse pointer over the words "Email Protection" and click "Ignore" in the popup.  This will tell Norton to disregard the "On/Off" status of Email Protection when displaying the program health status.

Kudos0

That sounds like a 2012 option.  I'm still on 2011.  I may have found an excuse to upgrade :-)  Thanks for the info!

*correction, I'm on 18.x, that's probably 2010

Kudos0

For earlier versions of NIS, hover the mouse pointer over the circle with the letter "i" next to "Email Protection."

Kudos0

I have Outlook 2010 and Network Solution and in the NYC area, it started it seems after the storm. It really is a pain. It sounds like this might be Network Solutions if that is several of us now.

Is anyone not on Network Solutions email having the issue?

Thanks

Kudos0

There is no "i" next to Email Protection.  I think I'm two version back.  So I started click exploring and found how to turn on 'ignore' in the v18.x series.  Just clicking on Email Protection brings up the option I belive you were talking about.

Kudos0

...and that works - allows me to disable outgoing scanning without having NIS warn me I'm not protected.  Now I'll see if the error shows up in Outlook, which will point to Network Solutions and not NIS.

Kudos0

Strybuc wrote:

I have several users with the SAME problem...And there isn't any Norton involved!

I would read here that the main issue is with the mail provider. The interactions we see here with Norton products, is Norton's way of presenting the mail server error.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Confirmed - for me - it's a provider issue.  The same message shows up in Outlook with NIS scanning of sends disabled. 

Replies are locked for this thread.