• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Google Chrome showing a blue screen after Norton anti-virus update

A new anti-virus engine loaded automatically last week (25th? October) and since the upgrade, Google Chrome just displays a plain blue screen.  I'm running XP.

I moved to Chrome because IE was slow and unreliable, and now I have been forced to move back to it.

Some help would be appreciated.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Google Chrome showing a blue screen after Norton anti-virus update

I have a similar problem.

Major upgrade of Norton Internet Security a few weeks ago and now totally inaccessible.

Blue screen with drop down menus .... but still all blue when try to use it.

Been using Mozilla Firefox with link to Google Chrome page and no problem.

Firefox is fast ...... Internet Explorer is so slow ! !

Posted various message but still no resolution.

Copious people are having the same problem.

Why the two parties, NIS and Google Chrome, do not get together and sort it out I do not not know.

Kudos0

Hi,

Try to exclude the google chrome files and folder in the program files from Norton scan by going to the settings in the Norton interface and then select  "computer" and select  "antivirus and sonar exclusion" and then exclude the files and folders from both scans and sonar. It should solve the issue.

Thanks

Ullas.

Accepted Solution
Kudos1

I had the same problem.  If you are running Trusteer Rapport on your computer, see this discussion:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Google-Chrome/td-p/834440

After reading the suggestion in this discussion, I turned off Rapport on my computer, restarted the computer, and the blue screen Google Chrome problem disappeared.

Replies are locked for this thread.