Announcing Norton Internet Security 5.4
Hello Norton for Mac users,
Today we have released Norton Internet Security 5.4 and Norton AntiVirus 12.4. This update is free to all customers who have a valid product license. It wil be downloaded automatically by LiveUpdate in the next couple of hours, or you can run LiveUpdate now to receive this update.
This new release includes:
• User interface changes include a new color scheme, and a new Norton Internet Security launcher window that gives you quick access to open AntiVirus, Firewall and Identity applications. The Norton Internet Security launcher window is displayed immediately after installation and is accessible from the Norton QuickMenu.
• Added Safari 6.0 support to the Norton Safe Search browser toolbar. Norton Safe Search provides website safety ratings right in your search results, so you can surf, shop and bank online without worry. The Norton Safe Search toolbar is available in most language versions of Norton Internet Security 5.4. To use Safe Search on your Safari browser, you need to install the Safari browser extension, which you are prompted to install the first time you launch Safari after installing Norton Internet Security 5.4.
• Added Safari 6.0 support to Noton Safe Web to keep you safe while browsing the Internet. Safe Web blocks malicious Web sites that may harm your computer, detects fraudulent Web sites, and warns you about shopping on an unsafe Web site. Safe Web helps you know which sites are safe by letting you know when a Web site’s authenticity has been verified by Norton.
• Safe Web search markup now supports Mixi (Japanese) and Baidu (Chinese) search engines.
• Virus definitions now load faster.
Thanks for purchasing Norton for Mac products!