• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

call blocking

have downloaded nms to galaxy s2 n its working fine apart from the call blocking feature. i had 2 numbers already set up in my fone for rejection but in call blocking option i cant access my call log to add the numbers in question...wot am i doing wrong?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: call blocking

Hi dot12b.

Welcome to the Community.

The first thing that I should raise is that I am fairly sure that call blocking is only available on the paid version and not the Lite version of NMS 3.0 that is available from Google Play.  So if you have the free version, the option will probably not be available.

However if you have the full version try this.  Open NMS: select the Call Blocking Icon: that should take you to the Call Blocking screen with two labeled rectangles near the top of the screen.  One is "Block History" the other "Block List".  Below the "Block List" rectangle you should find a "+" sign - tap on that and a new screen opens with "Selected Contacts" near the top.  Just below that is a light rectangle which will probably say "Call Log" and have a downward pointing triangle on the right.  Selecting this will give you the option of adding either from the Call Log, the SMS Log, Contacts or manual input.

Does that help?  If not please come back and I or someone else will try again.

All the best.

Mike
Kudos0

thanks, ive got the full paid version. Done wot u suggested, but when i choose Call Log from the dropdown i dont get any option to choose nunbers from my call log. Thot i maybe needed to press the tick box but this just tells me i havent seleted any numbers to block. Sure its probably something daft im not doing so i appreciate ur help :)
Kudos0

Hello again dot12b.

If we continue to have problems I will try and post a screen image but just at the moment that is a little tricky so I will try and sort you out with descriptions.  If you think this is failing then say so and I will produce the images.

Once you get to the Call Blocking screen with the next line "Selected Contacts:" and below that "Call Log" in the light box, there should be a large light tick box on the right - do not press that yet.  Below this on the screen should be a long list representing your call log.  On the right of each entry is a small white lined square.  For the numbers you want to block tap on this small box on the right hand side.  A yellow tick should then appear alongside each entry with that number.  Once you have selected all the numbers you want then press the large light tick box at the top.  You may then be asked if you also want to remove these entries from your contacts list and you will see all the selected entries appear in your "Block List".

Did that help?

Mike
Kudos0

Hi, im afraid it didnt :(
Theres no list displayed below the Call Log and yes i do have numbers in my call log on my phone
Kudos0

Ah...  now I can see why you are puzzled!

I assume that there is some error here so it would probably be helpful to Norton if you could post:  The version of NMS that you are running, along with the Device you are using and the version of Android on it.  Your network provider may also be relevant if you do not mind revealing that.

Next, can I suggest that you try some of the other options such as SMS, contacts and Input and see if anything shows up under those.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Mike
Kudos0

nms 3.0.0.696 on samsung galaxy s2 (gti9100) running android 4.0.4
Ive tried the sms and contacts list and they show list of numbers so looks like its just the call log thats not displaying
Kudos2

Thanks for that dot12b.

Can you just enter the relevant numbers through "Input" as a way of getting the system to work for now?

Given the apparently odd nature of this problem I am sure Norton would find it helpful if you could post screen images of the Call Blocking screen when "Call Log" is selected (i.e. showing no call log) and when SMS log is selected (i.e. showing it working).  I recognise that you will probably want to blank out some of the actual text and numbers on the latter screen.  If you can post them I'm sure it would be appreciated.  If you are having any problems doing this, then come back and I will try to help.  I must warn you however that any images you post to this forum will take a while to appear as the moderators will have to view them first to ensure that they are not offensive in any way.  This is no reflection on you it is just a standard procedure built into the system.

[Edit - Advice on how to upload images can be found in this thread.  I hope it helps.]

Mike
Kudos0

thanks. ive been able to manually add the numbers.
Will try n get some screenshots uploaded tomorrow. Thanks for ur help. glad it doesnt sound as tho it just me doing something daft :)
Kudos0

Delighted that you have managed to get the numbers in.

And it would be great if you can get some screenshots - it might help Norton work out what has happened and save others having the same problem.

Good luck.

Mike
Kudos0

Hi all

As i have had no need to use the Call Blocking feature i decided to test

it on an identical device to dot12b being my Samsung Galaxy S II running

ICS 4.0.4 and NMS 3.0.0.696  and i found the same issue that the Call Log

numbers will not show when selected as the option to choose a number to

block.

SMS Log is fine all are listed and Contacts works fine and manual entry

is ok just no Call Log numbers.

Tested on 2 identical devices and exactly the same thing, and there is

a history of numbers for the Call Log but none will be be shown in the

NMS 3.0 Call Blocking menu.

Gingerbread test device Samsung Galaxy Y running 2.3.6 and the latest

version of NMS is fine.

So you are not alone with this issue dot12b .

Hopefully the Norton Team can look into this issue with the SGS2.

Cheers.

Kudos0

Thanks for that smithy.   :-)

Mike
Kudos0

Thanks for trying that Smithy. Glad to hear its not just me having the issue so I appreciate u taking the time out to try this :)