• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1

Identity Safe Local Vault in 2013

ok i mentioned this before in another post but i have successfully did this on 4PC so far and it has worked.
If your using Norton Internet Security 2013 it automatically asks you to sync your data to online which all of you have done if your having lock ups on your browser and issues accessing your "cloud" login storage, so here is what I did to get norton 2013 with the vault being "local".

1st- Download the Norton removal tool. Download here

2nd - Run the tool and restart your PC! do not try and install norton without rebooting!!!

3rd - Install NIS 2012 and run live updates until you see norton toolbar addon for Firefox ( maybe after the 3rd set of updates + restarts)

4th - when your install that update and reboot, then download NIS 2013 and run as Admin and install as normal, when you click I accept to continue your installation it will say Upgrade in progress.... and it will install then ask for reboot.

5th- Open NIS - Settings - Web - Identity safe - Setup it will ask you to create a password for vault (IF it pops up asking you to sync - do NOT sync!!!!) from there you will have your options listed as in 2012 with import/export data - import from your backup file.

Note:
I didn't open any browser until i set-up the identity safe in the NIS program itself - then when i went to FF my vault was open and running smooth.

Also on the toolbar  Vault Open- settings-sync data online STAY AWAY FROM for now.

I hope this helps you with your problems... if you have a question plz ask. this is the only way i got it to work.

Windows 8 64-bit  NIS 2013

[edit: Clarified subject.]

Windows 8.1 64-BitNIS 21.3.0.12