• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

i lost my norton mobile security password and my device was locked, how to unclock it back?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: i lost my norton mobile security password and my device was locked, how to unclock it back?

Hi NuddinRashid

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums.

To help us assist you with this issue you have do you know what version

of Norton Mobile Security is installed on your device.?

Does the user interface of Norton Mobile Security on your device look like

one of the images below.?

Screenshot 1 or Screenshot 2.?

SCREENSHOT 1

SCREENSHOT 2

This info will really help us to assist you to unlock your device.

Cheers.

Kudos0

Re: i lost my norton mobile security password and my device was locked, how to unclock it back?

Please allow me to piggy back on this thread. Mine looks like image #2. I didn't lose my phone, but I failed to write down my PIN when it was first shown to me, and now I can't figure out how to find it.

Kudos0

Hi samccauley.

If it is image #2 then you appear to have Norton Mobile Security (NMS) 3.0 on your device.  All you need to do is to log in to your mobile control panel at mobilesecurity.norton.com (which is the website that you have to visit to register NMS in the first case) and it will show you your pin number.  Or if you wish you can change it via this web site.  All you need to log in is the email address and password for your normal Norton account.

I hope that helps.  If anything is still unclear then please feel free to come back and I or others will try again.

Good luck.

Mike
Kudos0

Thanks, that was what I needed. Funny, I don't remember going to that site to register. Perhaps I was walked there on my mobile without realizing it.

Kudos0

Why doesn't Norton Mobile Security show up on my list of products at Account.Norton.com?  My Norton 360 is only product listed there, yet when I go to mobilesecurity.norton.com and login with the same account, I do see my device registered.

Account.Norton.com was the first place I went to look for my mobile security PIN for my device, but because Norton Mobile Security was not listed, I was baffled.

Kudos0

Hi samccauley.

I do not know why your NMS does not show up in your Norton Account, mine does, right above my N360 licence.  And it gives me my licence key though it does not give the unlock PIN code which is only available from the mobilescurity site.

Have you checked it recently?  If it is still not there can you tell us when you first purchased NMS and where/how you purchased it.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Mike
Kudos0

I just looked again. It's still not there. Perhaps it's because I just have the lite/free version of NMS.

Kudos0

Hi samccauley.

If you have the free version then you have no registered version, so that will be why you do not see it as being registered!  ;-)

So it would seem to be solved - I now assume that the only feature that you can see on the mobilesecurity site is the ability to remotely lock the device.  Previously I had mistakenly assumed that you had the paid version which gives you more options.

All the best.

Mike
Kudos0

me too. please solve me

Kudos0

i use android phone HTC desire vc. (screenshot 01)

Kudos0

Hello tanvir_feisal.

Sorry to hear that you seem to be having trouble but could you please explain a bit more clearly what the trouble is?

I assume that you have Norton Mobile Security loaded on the device.  Can you confirm that and let us know the version number and or when you last updated the software?  Is it the "lite" or the paid version?

What happened that lock the device?

Have you visited mobilesecurity.norton.com and if so what does it say about the device there?

I look forward to getting your reply.

By the way there is no screen shot that I can see in your previous post.

Mike
Kudos0

my android phone (htc desire vc). i change sim card after that suich on mobile then open norton mobile security and he want to password. But i am not remember password. please help me & solve it. it is a paid version softwere.

i search my norton account but i have not got password still now. if i don't get the password then i will have to formate my android phone.

Kudos0

Hello again tanvir_feisal.

I think I understand the problem - you have some software on your phone designed to lock it if you change the SIM card.  You changed the SIM card.  The device is locked.  You want the password to unlock it.  If I am wrong please say so.

I have not been able to use the links that you posted.  As it might help to see the images this is a link to instructions on how to post images in these forums (it takes a while for the mods to check the images before they become publicly visible).

It would help if you could answer the questions I put in my first post.

While waiting for you to answer those I will put two more.....

You say that you "search my norton account but i have not got password".  So I assume you have a Norton account.  Is that for some other Norton Software such as N360 or Internet Security?

Does your locked phone refer to "buddies" at all?

Mike
Kudos0

my friend Andmike Guru, i can't good english, so please you will take understand. I use norton 360. yes, i have refer buddies. they are gotted the massage. this message was,  "IMEI: [Removed],Lat=nullLon=null ". but i'm not understand that, what is the password. then i type "A100- null " but he did not unlock. what can i do ? if u can send password then send my email address.[Removed]

i use this product norton mobile security & i told this password.

[Edit: Removed Email address and IMEI number to conform with the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service]

Kudos0

Hello tanvir_feisal.

I am puzzled.  You seem to have a full year's licence but you also appear to be using a product that is over 6 months old....

I do not understand the message your buddies seem to have received.  If you have the old version of Norton Mobile Security (NMS) then one of the "buddies" that you set up when you installed the software can send the SMS message 

unlock

from the phone number that you gave as the buddy number, to your phone number and that will unlock your phone.  The message they send as an SMS message is just the word "unlock" in lower case without any spaces or quotation marks.

I hope that works.

Let us know how you get on.

If it does work and you do unlock the phone then I strongly recommend you to update the software on Google Play so that you have the current version which does not rely on "buddy" numbers.

Mike
Kudos0

how to see the buddy message ? before message i witer the code, those code are like to seme buddy message.....? do u tell me detailed unlock system ? i'm not fully understand the unlock process. please.....

Kudos0

Hi tanvir_feisal.

I have told you the full unlock system.  - 

A "buddy", who was set up as a "buddy" when the software was installed, needs to send the SMS message "unlock" (lower case, no spaces, no quotation marks) from their designated phone to yours.  That is all.

I look forward to some answers to the questions I have already asked as they may give me a clue as to what is going on, though the instructions above should work.

Mike
Kudos0

thanks......thank u......very  much thank u.....i'm very happy. good job.

Kudos0

hey friend, now u tell me, how can i get to live update and update for latest version in this mobile security. i don't know this version is old or new. And finaly thank u for giving ur valuable time.

Kudos0

Hi tanvir_feisal.

Delighted that you have managed to unlock your device.  Please make a note of your new password!

To update your version of the app I think you need to open it (get it to show the screen you posted above) and then press the menu button.  The options that come up then should include "live update" and that should take you through a process to get you the new version of NMS.

With the new version there is no "buddy" system and your password will be changed to a four digit PIN code which can be check and changed via the web pages at mobilesecurity.norton.com.

Good luck with the upgrade.

Mike
Kudos0

i don't know my norton product is old or new version. and this product have not any menu option and live update. i have not find them.

my product see like that this image and symble little bit change. all over same. if this version is old then tell me how to update my mobile security. thank u...

Kudos0

It is an old version.

When on the screen you show above press the Menu button on your phone.  That should bring up another menu which should include a "run live update" option, accept that while you have a good WiFi connection and follow through with the advice and guidance that you will be given.

Mike
Kudos0

Mine look like the first one! I cannot open my device because I don't remember the password. Can you help me?

Kudos0

i have the same problam as him. I paid fort my norton and my trust buddie sends med text "unlock" but it dosent work..

Kudos0

Hi camillaan - Welcome to The Norton Community.

The steps for buddies and how to use them with the older versions of Norton

Mobile Security (NMS) if the password has been forgotten can be found in the

Norton Mobile and Tablet KB Forum.

Just click on the links below -

How to Unlock Norton Mobile Security with My Buddy System Link

i hope that info can help with the issue you have.

Keep us posted and let us know if you require any more assistance. :)

Cheers.