• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Full scan not complete

I have tried to run a full system scan and a short scan.  It does a live update and organizes the files.  Then it shows

LiveUpdate -  up-to-date

Full System - Scan Not complete

Tuneup - Secure

All items are run consecutively

The scan did not even occur. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Full scan not complete

I have since turned off my computer and restarted it the next morning.  Now Norton seems to be working fine.  It's currently running a full system scan like normal.  I haven't done what you have suggested though.  I'm using windows 8 so it's a little harder for me to navigate your suggestion.  Thanks for the info anyways.  Much appreciated. 

Kudos0

Hi kennys. For Windows 8, it's pretty easy to open an Administrator Command Prompt. You can do it in one of two ways:

1. From the desktop, right click the bottom left corner of your screen (where you would normally invoke the start screen) and choose "Command Prompt (Admin)"

2. From the start screen, just start typing "cmd" and the icon will show up. Right click it and choose "Open as administrator" on the bottom bar that pops up.

Kudos0

kennys wrote:

I have since turned off my computer and restarted it the next morning.  Now Norton seems to be working fine.  It's currently running a full system scan like normal.  I haven't done what you have suggested though.  I'm using windows 8 so it's a little harder for me to navigate your suggestion.  Thanks for the info anyways.  Much appreciated. 

Sometimes a reboot is all that is required to fix things.

Just keep an eye on things to see if anything changes again.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

I have tried to run a full system scan and a short scan.  It does a live update and organizes the files.  Then it shows

LiveUpdate -  up-to-date

Tuneup - Secure

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kudos0

kennys wrote:

LiveUpdate -  up-to-date

Tuneup - Secure

Any ideas?

Thanks

There could be a physical problem with your hard drive.

To check your hard disk, click on the Windows Start button. In the search box type CMD. Right click on cmd.exe and click on run as administrator. In the command prompt type "chkdsk c: /r"  without the quotes. A message will come up asking if you want to check the disk on the next restart. Answer 'Y'. Reboot and the check disk will run before Windows starts up. This check will check the file system as well as the physical disk surface. This scan can take a long time, depending on the size of your hard drive.

Let us know if this finds any errors.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.

Replies are locked for this thread.