• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

rikvm_9ec60124.sys threat only found with Power Eraser

Just FYI for the following symptoms . . .

Dell XPS1702 Laptop running Windows 7 and Norton360 on 128bit WEP WIFI

Was taking a break and laptop was sleeping.  Suddenly noticed it wake up by itself and all of these directories started opening and closing on my desktop. I immediately clicked on "hidden icons" and Norton wasn't even there . . . something had somehow disabled it. I immediately powered off, rebooted, Norton was back, ran a full scan and everything was supposedly fine. Downloaded Power Eraser and it found rikvm_9ec60124.sys which was removed. No other threats found.

I can only imagine what files, how many, were sent to where before I powered off?

Anyone else see similar problem?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: rikvm_9ec60124.sys threat only found with Power Eraser

Well that's what I thought too but it's the only thing that Power Eraser found.  I am indeed worried that whatever bug I had I probably still do have.

I'm open to ideas but also wanted to just share the experience in case anyone else has seen it.

Kudos0

Just FYI for the following symptoms . . .

Dell XPS1702 Laptop running Windows 7 and Norton360 on 128bit WEP WIFI

Was taking a break and laptop was sleeping.  Suddenly noticed it wake up by itself and all of these directories started opening and closing on my desktop. I immediately clicked on "hidden icons" and Norton wasn't even there . . . something had somehow disabled it. I immediately powered off, rebooted, Norton was back, ran a full scan and everything was supposedly fine. Downloaded Power Eraser and it found rikvm_9ec60124.sys which was removed. No other threats found.

I can only imagine what files, how many, were sent to where before I powered off?

Anyone else see similar problem?

Kudos2

Hi Canon_mutant,

Sorry for the trouble. We need more information from you to analyze this problem further. Do the following:

- Run Norton Power Eraser

- When the scan detects a threat for the Cyberlink PowerDVD file, DO NOT FIX IT.

- Click on more details and locate the file, close the Norton Power Eraser without performing any fix.

- Go to the following link and submit the file details:

https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

- Make a note of your submission number and send it to me in a private message.

I'll check it further. I appreciate your help with this.

Thanks,

HarryP

Kudos0

Hi canon_mutant,

Not sure what was going on with your PC, but rikvm_9ec60124.sys probably had nothing to do with it.  That file likely belongs to a Cyberlink program such as Cyberlink Power DVD.

Replies are locked for this thread.