• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1

Multi-device installing on android.

i am using norton 360 - multi device (to which does not seem to have any direct mention on in forums/support etc)

IF this post is in the wrong spot, please move it

Heres the plan.

Norton multi device = 5 users, therefore 3 laptops 1 desktop + 1 mobile phone (android).

Computers - no problems

Android phone big problems 2.3.x

Previously, Norton mobile security has been installed, this has been tried with removed and not removed (removed via uninstall from play store).

Attempting to download the app from the store + renew using the key in multi device does not work, failed by key not recognised error.

Attempting to follow the instructions both via web address and QR code, allows for the key to be verified online, then a new android device has been registered. To which either the browser OR play store is required to install the program.

In an attempt to install the program, it reinstalls norton mobile security WITH the old registration key. Therefore the nortons is inactive and fails to re-register the new key, despite there should be 1 more license remaining.

What other steps are available to install multi device onto an android phone. 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Multi-device installing on android.

i am using norton 360 - multi device (to which does not seem to have any direct mention on in forums/support etc)

IF this post is in the wrong spot, please move it

Heres the plan.

Norton multi device = 5 users, therefore 3 laptops 1 desktop + 1 mobile phone (android).

Computers - no problems

Android phone big problems 2.3.x

Previously, Norton mobile security has been installed, this has been tried with removed and not removed (removed via uninstall from play store).

Attempting to download the app from the store + renew using the key in multi device does not work, failed by key not recognised error.

Attempting to follow the instructions both via web address and QR code, allows for the key to be verified online, then a new android device has been registered. To which either the browser OR play store is required to install the program.

In an attempt to install the program, it reinstalls norton mobile security WITH the old registration key. Therefore the nortons is inactive and fails to re-register the new key, despite there should be 1 more license remaining.

What other steps are available to install multi device onto an android phone. 

Kudos0

I've asked for this post to be moved to the Mobile board of the forum for better chance of finding a solution.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Hi Colcut.

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums.

I can see that you are having a problem but at the moment I am not quite sure what the problem is, so please forgive me if I ask some questions.

You appear to have previously had a copy of Norton Mobile Security (NMS) on your phone.  

- Is this subscription still valid?  

- What version of NMS do you or did you have?

When you attempted to register the phone through the 360 multi device licence did you select "I have already purchased the product" on the pre-registration screen?

When you log onto mobilesecurity.norton.com does it show any devices registered?  What does it show?

I look forward to hearing back from you and hope we can get you sorted out quickly.

Mike
Kudos0

Hi.

I am having similar troubles. I just purchased the new norton multi-device and installed on my pc without any hassles.

Smartphone install and activation is another story alltogether.

The problem i have got is if i use the QR scanner and scan the card that came out of the box with the software and go to sign in, every time once i have filled out my login details and press login, the fields reset themselves without logging me in.

So i thought i would do it the old fashioned way by downloading www.norton.com/nms-N360MD to my device and try it that way.

Well once it installed and i went to type my product key it says its invalid. I checked it over 10 times just incase i had made a mistake but the product key i have is the correct one as i got in contact with tech support and they confirmed i had the right key.

They also got frustrated and cut my chat off without helping me further which has made me wonder if its worth my time after all the hassles ive had just trying to install and activate the f!@#ing thing.

Im using a samsung galaxy S2 if that has anything to do with it.
If theres someone whos had this problem or knows a solution i would greatly appreciate the help to get it sorted.

Cheers

cozmonz

Kudos0

Well after playing around for a while trying to activate it through the norton details supplied with the software i thought i would jump on google play and download NMS. Well once installed it actually let me login without any hassles and i didnt even have to type the product key and it activated by itself..

Is this normal? i mean why do norton supply the QR code and  www.norton.com/nms-N360MD if all you have to do is download it from the play store. Would have saved me alot of time and stress.

Also not to impressed by the techie getting frustrated and cutting off chat when i was trying to get this sorted.

All in all its working now and im happy and thats what counts.

Peace

Kudos0

Hi Cozmonz.

Sorry to hear of your problems but delighted to hear that you have solved it, and even happier that it was the Google Play route that solved it.

It is great that you have reported the problems (I will make sure that the team are aware of the problems you had) and great that you have been able to report how it eventually worked.  Thanks.

What is not so good it the strange response you got from the Norton staff member on the Chat link.  I hope you have kept the details of your contact as it is possible that Norton staff (those with their Forum names in bold red type) will ask for the details so that they can find out what went wrong and ensure it does not happen again.

I hope you like to product now that you have got it working.

All the best for the future.

Mike
Kudos0

I bought the norton multi device online and had no problem installing on my laptop. I installed on my htc one x (mobile security) but it didn't show on my account so I thought I had installed the wrong one so I uninstalled and repeated the installation once again through my account. However, I got this error message : unknown error code during application install "-24". Can someone help?

Kudos1

Hi kheng.

Sorry to hear you are having problems.  Not sure how you are trying to install on your HTC one X but you might find this link helpful.  If you are already doing it that way and it is still not working please let us know.  But if the link does help, it would also be nice to know.  ;-)

All the best.

Mike
Kudos0

Hi...

Thanks for your reply. 

I did all that, several times, but as soon as the download is complete, i get that error message.

Would be glad if you could suggest any other ways.

Thanks again

Kheng

Kudos1

Hi kheng

If the Norton Mobile Security (NMS) app is not registering properly or installing properly

you could try the steps below -

What you could try is to uninstall Norton Mobile Security (NMS) from your Android device

and download again from Google Play to start off fresh.

Open the app and swipe thru to the sign in screen and sign in with your Norton Account

details.

If it still shows the option of Upgrade at the bottom of the screen tap Upgrade and then on

the next screen tap the wording - I have already purchased this product.

Hopefully this will now register and activate your NMS Android part of the N360 Multi-Device.

If you still have issues with NMS installation and the above does not help you could always

contact Norton Support Live Chat for free via the web as they are always very helpfull with

license and product issues.

Just click on the link below for the free Norton support -

www.norton.com/chat

Keep us posted on how you go. :)

Cheers.

Kudos0

Hi,

Just to update you...my problem has still not been resolved yet. I contacted Norton support as advised. The techs were very helpful and patiently guided me through all possible steps to install but to no avail. I have also contacted HTC and awaiting their reply. 

No one seems to be able to identify what is the meaning of the error code "-24"?

Well, I am still hopeful. 

Have a nice day ! :D

kheng