• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos4

How to remove "Browse to Save" ad malware??

I have tried everything to remove the "Browse to Save" ads that now pop up like insects on every web page I visit, including the tips on here about Norton Power Eraser (didn't remove it) and manual updates using Intelligent Updater. I also tried Malwarebytes, which was actually recommended on a thread here. Nothing worked. How do I get this tick of a program off my PC? 

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1

Re: How to remove "Browse to Save" ad malware??

It's a very simple fix. Click on the blue "i" at the bottom of their ads and it will take you to their website. There is a tab at the top of the site that says "Uninstall". It actually gives you instructions on how to delete the "malware" from each browser. It's quite strange that they would have that but I'm not complaining. Hope this solves your problem.

EDIT *If you're using chrome and don't see it on the list, delete any extensions that you don't need or that might contain the malware. That worked for me.

Kudos1

Okay, thanks. It worked differently from what you said but I was able to get rid of the program.

Kudos2

I still have not been able to get rid of it from IE9, even tried uninstalling the IE9 update but it was still ther eonce I was back to IE8.

The problem with the uninstall instructions is that Browse to Save is not listed as an add-on.

Any further help appreciated.

Kudos1

Browse to Save wasn't listed as an extension/add-on in Chrome either. I had only two extensions listed, neither of which seemed to have anything to do with Browse to Save - though I deleted them anyway. Maybe that helped, but from what I can see you have to click on the blue "i" at the bottom of the popups - or, in some cases, a question mark. That takes you to the Browse to Save site - and in my case, also a site called Text Enhance or something like that. On whatever site(s) you get taken to, look for any way to uninstall. Browse to Save was pretty straightforward, while Text Enhance was a bit harder to figure out, but I was eventually able to do it.

Bottom line as far as I can see - you can't uninstall this piece of s*** directly through the options your browser gives you. You have to actually go to the website of the offending program(s) and do it from there. Sounds weird but that seems to be how it works.

Kudos2

I have been to the site, but it just offers instructions which do not work for Internet Explorer, because it is not visible as an add-on.

Kudos1

RichardWestmore

Create a new thread for your problem,  I will work at shifing it.

Quads

Kudos2

I too still have the problem.
As said, the problem is that "browse to save" is not listed as an add-on.

And that is how the site explains how to remove.

Anyone else have an option?

Please...?

Kudos1

calysk

Please create your own thread

Quads

Kudos2

Actually, this answer is wrong. You may go there and do those things, but for me, I went to extensions & addons in chrome & firefox, "browsetosave ads was no where to be found.  I ran all my antivirus/spyware/malware programs, no infection was found. what I had to do was actually delete all my previous cookies (on 1 browser, do it the same for the others) & adjust 1 privacy setting that was enabled & I had to disable it.  Then I went in to internet explorer and found a rogue active X control called "Native add-on" (I really don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I deleted it). And that worked for me & then restart your browser-POOF-theyre gone!

**Bottom Line: Delete all previous cookies & check cookie settings if add-ons/extensions are not found in your list.**

Steph
Kudos0

Stephadrizzle wrote:

Actually, this answer is wrong. You may go there and do those things, but for me, I went to extensions & addons in chrome & firefox, "browsetosave ads was no where to be found.  I ran all my antivirus/spyware/malware programs, no infection was found. what I had to do was actually delete all my previous cookies (on 1 browser, do it the same for the others) & adjust 1 privacy setting that was enabled & I had to disable it.  Then I went in to internet explorer and found a rogue active X control called "Native add-on" (I really don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I deleted it). And that worked for me & then restart your browser-POOF-theyre gone!

**Bottom Line: Delete all previous cookies & check cookie settings if add-ons/extensions are not found in your list.**

Your answer is also wrong, although you have probably stopped ehat is seem, a Program has been updated to find all objects.  

Good Luck

Quads

Kudos0

Can I just say, you actually saved my life! Went on many tutorials online, yours was the one that actually worked! I'm extremely grateful to you, really didn't want to spend Christmas with a Hijacker on my PC.

Once again, extremely thankful.

Gwion Jones.

(Gwion98.)

Kudos0

Thank you!!!  It was incredibly easy to follow your instructions.  I almost resorted to bringing my computer to the virus doctor.  You saved me $100!!!  drphotomoto

Kudos0

Thank you!  It worked, and this after having running several scans and downloading a number of other programs to try to get rid of it.  I would never have intentionally clicked that link for fear of worse things to follow!  

Again, thank you!

Kudos0

Oh, and let me add this, it was listed as an extension in Chrome, as you said, but with a somewhat different name. I can't remember it precisely, but it had ads or save in the name.  

Kudos0

No add-on to remove in Firefox either, but starting my win7 machine in safe mode and running super anti-virus free edition seems to have done the trick.

Kudos0

For me, only FIrefox was infected.  I ended up unintalling (checking the box

which removes all my customizations like cookies).  I then reinsalled it

and the problem was gone.

Radical but simple and effective.

Kudos1

REMoVED it!!! None of this worked for me, not going to their site and following their directions, not trying to find their program in my computer ... there was no Browse2Save or Click2Save ... what worked was:

uninstalled every ADOBE program addon - any and every ADOBE file and it was gone ... then I reinstalled them from the Adobe site ... watch for any little boxes that add   anything other than ADOBE back on when you download ADOBE again.  I believe I updated ADOBE the last time while looking at a video that said it required an ADOBE update and didn't watch for those little boxes that said they were adding something else.  Hope this works for some of you.

Kudos0

I prefer not to trust a web site's own instructions to remove its own malware. I use Norton safe web and WOT to help me avoid sites with a bad reputation. I opened the unwanted links marked as "Save to click > Browse to Save" in a new tab on Firefox, and they opened a different site each time, two of which had the WOT red warning.

I checked the Windows7 uninstaller and Advanced Uninstaller and Registry Workshop but did not find BrowsTo... or Browse2... A web search pulled up helpful instructions at http://malwaretips.com/blogs/browse-to-save-ads/. It led me to find SaveByClick in my uninstaller, Firefox Extensions, and Registry Workshop. I deleted it from Firefox (haven't checked IE and Chrome yet). The unintsall program tries to open .justplug.it - which got a red WOT warning, so I blocked the site without opening it and deleted any cookies from it.

I recently installed several freebies on my system to create some pdf files: PDF Creator, PDF Architecht, FoxIt Reader and JPG to PDF Converter. The malware links appeared about the same time, so I suspect it was from one of these. I'm pretty careful not in include the 'extra' programs offered during installation, but apparently missed - or wasn't warned about - this one.

Kudos0

Quads replied replied to:

Stephadrizzle's comments regarding the"browsetosave ads". And so on, and so on.

And Quads reply was:

Your answer is also wrong, although you have probably stopped ehat is seem, a Program has been updated to find all objects. 

Good Luck

Quads

Sir  What program are you referring to that will find "all objects"?

Dan (removed)

[ Edit : Removed email address to conform with our Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service ]

Kudos0

I am not doing Malware Removal on this forum at this point in time, until things get sorted.

Quads

Kudos0

I love it how almost everyone misses the point completely. Browse to Save shouldn't even exist in the 1st place. It's technically illegal, yeh? Even their adverts spread abuse. The young women in their ads probably don't even know that thier photo is being used. Illegal again. And they just call everyone a jerk for not clicking on it. That's against terms of service. It's like... Just imagine if people started to make pot holes on the roads illiberality, and then some organization (Norton) providing a 'fix' which would be a cushion for the tyre.... ?? What is going on here? Google should just stop being so slack & permanently ban adverts which are actively spreading malware. That actually makes sense. But, no, if you want too see what the CEO of google is doing, check his status on his Google circles. He's just on a yacht most of the time, not giving a **bleep**. Maybe we should all, stop giving **bleep**s. That must be the secret to success. Just don't give a **bleep**. **bleep** **bleep** **bleep**, **bleep**ty **bleep** **bleep**. It's somewhat obvious that all of this Google / malware stuff has been engineered from day 1 (one), when 'they' saw the internet as a threat. So what better way to destroy it, to just fill it with adverts, fake buttons and malware? 'They'  keep failing every other way. Can I steal everyone information & re-sell it? Please? I'm asking politely. I wont sell it to anyone I don't trust. Which is every organization. Becasue they're all awesome and care so much anything. They inspire me so much, and can teach people how to fly pigs. 

So I use NoScript & Ghostery. Not bad, but a total pain in the **bleep**, most of the time. Thanks internet for shortinging my life by about 10 years.

Bleep? Thats creative. Geez, I wonder what I said. Gud **bleep** it.

[edit: Please keep post content clean per the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service.]

Kudos0

Ok fine...

I love it how almost everyone misses the point completely. Browse to Save shouldn't even exist in the 1st place. It's technically illegal, yeh? Even their adverts spread abuse. The young women in their ads probably don't even know that thier photo is being used. Illegal again. And they just call everyone a jerk for not clicking on it. That's against terms of service.

Oh wait, so calling someone a jerk is being polite? No need for a bleep? Cool.

Kudos0

Thank you, this helped a lot ! :)

Kudos0

You have to right-click on the 'BrowseToSave" webpage and click "view all page info" You then go to 'permissions' and uncheck all the boxes. It helped for me. Hope it works for you all

Kudos0

Also just go to safe mode and just delete is ....That simple

Replies are locked for this thread.