• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

I accidentally downloaded iminent search engine and can't get rid of it.

I accidentally downloaded iminint search engine and have tried removing it but it keeps coming back. I went into the registry to get it out of there and it quit coming back for awhile but returns after a few days.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: I accidentally downloaded iminent search engine and can't get rid of it.

Kudos0

It's not much of a problem, it is just a PUP

Quads

Kudos0

Hi Wilmath,

If you haven't already, download the Free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware located here ... http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/. Deny the trial offer for the pro version. The free version is totally compatible with your Norton product.

Malwarebytes scans memory, startup, registry, filesystem objects. It also scans for and detects PUP (potentially unwanted programs), and PUM (potentially unwanted modifications).

After download update the database and run a Full Scan. In the results list, you can choose what to remove. There is also a Quarantine feature.

If the Iminent Search is detected, select for removal. Keep the scanner updated at a regular basis and update before running each scan.

Ed

Kudos0

Thanks Ed, I'll give that a try. Iminint is a big pain in the **bleep**. It keeps coming back and

has slowed my computer down to a crawl.

Replies are locked for this thread.