• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 5 install issue w/ OSX 10.5.8

Hello, I'm having issues running the installer on the NIS 5 DVD.  The Norton Internet Security Installer is on the CD but when I double click the installer it doesn't run.  I did a File | Open on the file and even tried running it in terminal...no luck.  After looking through the readme I see that OSX 10.5.8 isn't supported w/ NIS 5 but the DVD should still contain NIS 4 (which I previously uninstalled to install the newer software).

I no longer have the old NIS 4 DVD I initially used and I'm not finding where the install files are for v4.  In looking at some other posts on here it looked like you had to run it manually from the "For Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.6 Users" folder.  Where is this located at?  I'm not finding it anywhere on the DVD when I manually browse it.  I've also tried downloading the v5 software from the website (in the event something was wrong w/ the DVD) and it yields the same results.

What am I doing wrong here?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 5 install issue w/ OSX 10.5.8

Hello, I'm having issues running the installer on the NIS 5 DVD.  The Norton Internet Security Installer is on the CD but when I double click the installer it doesn't run.  I did a File | Open on the file and even tried running it in terminal...no luck.  After looking through the readme I see that OSX 10.5.8 isn't supported w/ NIS 5 but the DVD should still contain NIS 4 (which I previously uninstalled to install the newer software).

I no longer have the old NIS 4 DVD I initially used and I'm not finding where the install files are for v4.  In looking at some other posts on here it looked like you had to run it manually from the "For Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.6 Users" folder.  Where is this located at?  I'm not finding it anywhere on the DVD when I manually browse it.  I've also tried downloading the v5 software from the website (in the event something was wrong w/ the DVD) and it yields the same results.

What am I doing wrong here?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Kudos0

I'm logged in w/ an Adminstrator based account...there is no icon listed above the Norton Internet Security Installer item under the Norton Internet Security CD...

Kudos0

I am having a similar problem with OS 10.6.8.  I keep getting the error message that I need OS 10.7 even though the product adverstises that it runs on 10.6.8.

Kudos0

This thread might help.

Let us know.

Thanks

SunilkumarSoftware Engineer, Mac ProductsSymantec Corporation

Replies are locked for this thread.