• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos2

Norton Internet Security 2014 beta

when will the Norton Internet Security 2014 beta

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Internet Security 2014 beta

Kudos3

Hi,

It won't be called 2014 as they have done away with the years in the title. What some call the 2013 version is more correctly called v20.  The new version should be called v 21.  Symantec do not announce dates for releases ahead of time, so you will have to keep coming back to check for announcement that a new build is ready for testing.

Sorry, but that's the best I can offer at this time.

Dave

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 *** Norton 360 v21.6.0.32
Kudos2

paradise9 wrote:

When it's ready. ;)

Kudos0

in May

Kudos1

Artem wrote:

in May

Please don't hold your breath starting in June if it hasn't been released

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

dickevans, previous beta versions always released in may, so beta 2014 also will released in may 

Kudos0

Artem wrote:

dickevans, previous beta versions always released in may, so beta 2014 also will released in may 

And previous versions were also identified by a year number which 'fixed' their final release. All of that is gone now so it could well be that the rest of the rules of the game have changed.
Your subscription is for a year but there is nothing in there that says that you are due a new version if you renew. You might get a new version if a few months or it could be Christmas before you get that kind of a present. Til then

Stay well and surf safe

Kudos0

Dear Norton,

Before late I would advice for the new version of Norton Internet Security 2014 (ver.21) with some improve or new feature:

1. The New Version can scan the POP3S and IMAPS with improve the Anti Spam.

2. The New Version can allow the user to configure the conection for i.e for the public wifi with default "Restricted", so the user don't need tweak to the "Restricted" every connect to the public wifi.

3. The progress bar now add for the scanning.

4. The New Engine with Sonar 5.

Look forward to hearing the news of NIS 2014.

B/regards,

Handjojo

Kudos0

May be it come in May

Kudos1

Not maybe, definitely 

Kudos0

Hopefully soon cause i am excited to try it

Kudos1

Don't rush things. Beta testing is more fun than alpha

If there were a schedule the release date would be in the Fall so testing might not begin until Summer. As it is now testing can start anytime or not at all.

Stay well and surf safe

Kudos1

The late delivery of NIS 2014 will mean I will go elsewhere for my internet security.  Despite being with Norton (Symantec) for over 10 years now I am finally fed-up of the constant flakiness of NIS 2013 on my three PC's.

I am visiting 'Get Support' at least once a week to repair what should be a robust product and stable installation (as it is at end-of-life).  I must have had to fully re-install fully at least 4 times on one PC in less than a year.  This is poor.

I had hoped a timely release of 2014 woudl allow me to see a different product before I jump ship but this clearly is not going to happen.

Also NIS 2013 just does not work well with 64 bit (unlike many rivals).  I have seen nothing to suggest 2014 will not be a re-badged 2013 with an adjusted front end as usual.

I cannot afford my time to continue to support NIS.  Norton should pay heed to the few years most walked away from teh product when it became processor intensive.  It has taken many years for some to trust it again.  It must have costs millions!

Kudos0

You should contact Norton Live Chat because this problem sounds serious.  Also, try Norton Power Eraser. 

Kudos0

when will the Norton 2014 beta

Kudos0

paradise9 wrote:

when will the Norton 2014 beta

Never!

Symantec have removed the year from the title. The next version will most likely be called v21.

The next BETA version will be ready when it's ready.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 *** Norton 360 v21.6.0.32
Kudos0

New version for sure will be called 21! Now there're internal test of it. :) I hope that Public Beta will release soon!

Kudos0

ipdouglas asserts to have incurred problems with Norton Internet Security 2013 on three computers, that Norton doesn't work well with the 64-bit operating systems, and concluding the fault must be lie within the Norton product.  <> Well I will counter that claim by saying, .... I have four 64-bit Windows 8 computers (office & home) and each are protected with NIS 2013.  I keep all system firmware and software updated and all four units have performed flawlessly with NIS 2013.

Kudos1

I installed NIS 2013 on 5 different computers where  i installed Windows 7 x64 and dont have any problems with any of those 5 systems, today update to v20.4.0.40 and still works very good