• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Why use 360 instead on NIS and Utilities ?

This is the thing that really bothers me. I cannot tell how one is better than the other.

1. Does NIS have more or better features than 360 Security ?

2. Does Norton Utility have more or better features than 360 TuneUp

I really want to know and I just can't seem to find a good explanation. I don't care about the back up feature.

I think I am asking a reasonable question that deserves a better explanation than Symantec provides.

I hope someone familiar with the most recent editions can shed some light on this situation.

Thanks in Advance

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Why use 360 instead on NIS and Utilities ?

This is the thing that really bothers me. I cannot tell how one is better than the other.

1. Does NIS have more or better features than 360 Security ?

2. Does Norton Utility have more or better features than 360 TuneUp

I really want to know and I just can't seem to find a good explanation. I don't care about the back up feature.

I think I am asking a reasonable question that deserves a better explanation than Symantec provides.

I hope someone familiar with the most recent editions can shed some light on this situation.

Thanks in Advance

Kudos0

Hi,

Before answers a few questions.

How involved do you want to stay in the maintenance of your system?

Is there anything about your hardware/software configuration that requires custom configurations?

I will assume because you say you don't care about the backup feature that you have an existing backup solution which meets your needs.

Thanks

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

I would prefer not to be involved the maintence of my system, but that may not be the right answer because  I don't know why or how I would benefit from being more involved.

Now I use Norton Utilities but it feels like I have to spend to much time with it already because their are different features that have been started up independent of others applications with Utilities.

So my answer is I would be willing to be more involved if I could actually see a benefit, but I don't understand why i can't run thru all Utility operation with one click.

If there is a custom configuation in my system, I don't know what it is. I can't even imagine how Utilities would mess up that configuration.

Kudos0

Dick

Even if you can or cannot answer my question, I would like you to comment on the fact that Norton never tries to distinquish between 360 Tune up and Norton Utilities.

I think its more than an oversight, its a glaring omission.

Replies are locked for this thread.