• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

How to stop Norton spam and pop-ups?

Been using Norton AV and now Norton 360 for a while. Since their on-line prices are not competitive, I buy new software annually from other vendors. And since Norton bizarrely gives no credit for unused subscription days, I generally buy CDs and install on the last remaining day. Not an optimal practice, and shame on Norton for doing this.

What's really annoying is the endless "subscription expired" e-mails on a computer where I have installed the newest version of the same software package. There is no unsubscribe link, nor any other obvious way to stop these.

I also had Norton on two small PCs that don't really need it, since they are not connected to the Web and handle only pre-cleaned material as music servers. There I get regular pop-up warnings, and there seems to be no mechanism to stop them. Perhaps I'll go in and do a full Norton uninstall, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Is there some way to instruct the Norton system to cancel these unneeded alerts?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: How to stop Norton spam and pop-ups?

cteno wrote:
Perhaps I'll go in and do a full Norton uninstall, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Is there some way to instruct the Norton system to cancel these unneeded alerts?

Hi Cteno,

These pop up alerts could be Performance alerts or some other that can be disabled in settings. If you could post a screenshot of the pop ups in question, that would help identify the kind they are.

Instructions for adding a screenshot to your post are located here ...

Adding a Screenshot to your Post

In addition, if you ever decided to fully uninstall your Norton product, a Control Panel uninstall isn't enough.

Uninstall Norton product from Control Panel.

Reboot the computer.

Run the Norton Removal Tool  http://www.norton.com/nrt

Reboot the computer again.

If you could, post a screenshot before an uninstall. A picture is worth a thousand words  

Ed

Replies are locked for this thread.